Pitbulls : Go Pitbull Dog Forums - View Single Post - Homemade Dog Waste Septic System
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2009, 01:07 AM   #15 (permalink)
staffylovin

staffylovin is just really nicestaffylovin is just really nicestaffylovin is just really nicestaffylovin is just really nicestaffylovin is just really nicestaffylovin is just really nicestaffylovin is just really nicestaffylovin is just really nicestaffylovin is just really nicestaffylovin is just really nicestaffylovin is just really nicestaffylovin is just really nicestaffylovin is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloorCandy View Post
I have considered doing the same thing, I refuse to pay so much for a doggie dooley lol. My question is, isn't the bottom hole a bit large, I read that the water should take 2 hours to drain when the bin is full, and that was for a 5 gallon container, so your large container should take longer. With such a large hole, I wonder how quickly it drains, as I know the gravel and dirt slows it, but still, if it does not drain slowly enough, it will not decomp the poo.

The water pretty much always stay in there in you use the septic stuff. I don't do the multching like in the video. Mine is set up more like the pictures in the link. It takes a long time for the water to leach into the ground. So in a way its kind of like a poop soup, but I have four dogs and it gets rip of all there waste now for a year. It's usually about a quarter full and ever couple of weeks I will top the water level off to about half way to help the decompostiton.

FYI if you live in the city you should call someone to mark off you gas, power, phone lines etc... and you can rent something to help with the digging, but depending on the soil it should be easy enough a shovel

cheers

Last edited by staffylovin; 09-03-2009 at 01:11 AM. Reason: after thought
staffylovin is offline   Reply With Quote