Go Pitbull Forums banner

My 8 yr old APBT had a stroke

Tags
apbt stroke
5K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  redog 
#1 ·
Does anyone have advice for me .... my 8yr old APBT named Ruca has had a stroke according to his Dr. He lost control of his bowels at home on Friday while I was out of town. My son says nothing else was different. When I took him to have a bath on Monday he was walking and acting fine. I got a call that he was walking odd from the kennel. The Dr did xrays and gave him medication but found no abnormalities, but he cannot sit up or walk without assistance - his hind legs are like jello. I am confused and extremely upset because I can't help him. The Dr said to just monitor him to see if the condition improves.

Has anyone else had this problem?

~Ruca's Grandma:cry::cry::cry:

#3 ·
thats aweful!!! my heart goes out to you guys... ive never haad that to happen :(

#5 ·
A few years ago, I posted about my Sweet Mr. Ruca - who had suffered a stroke. I must now add that he is no longer with me. There is a hole so huge in my heart and so painful that it feels like it will never go away! Mr. Ruca developed Degenerative Disc Disease and could not walk, or control his bowels. We tried to keep him as comfortable as possible, but when the pain became overwhelming for him, I couldn't continue to be selfish and allow him to suffer. He quietly passed away (induced), surrounded by lots of family - 3 days before his 11th birthday. I hurt everyday wishing there was something I could have done. They said it was too severe and he would never get better, but sometimes my decision haunts me. I miss him so much! Thanks for all the love out there during his brave fight.

#6 ·
Hey don't ever think you didn't do everything you could! You acted responsibly and did what you knew was right. Ruca went peacefully and surrounded by those who loved him...You are ruca's hero and mine too. That moment changes your life forever but I promise you, the sad feelings will subside and will turn to happy memories.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.