Go Pitbull Forums banner

I am an AUNTIE!!! - Again

Tags
auntie
3K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  apbtmom76 
#1 · (Edited)
I just wanted to share with you my beautiful niece Jaylah Marie :) I went to see her today for the first time in the hospital. My sister had her on Friday via an Emergency cesarean. While my sister was in Labor her placenta was beginning to detach before the baby could come out causing fetal distress and Jaylah's little heart stopped very scary. So my sister was rushed into the OR to save little Jaylah's life as well as hers. I am so blessed to be an Auntie again she is my second niece and I have one nephew. I can't believe how amazing she is holding her for the first time and seeing what a miracle life truly is. I am so happy for my sister and her husband for giving us Jaylah to Love. Jaylah was 6 lbs 1 ounce and 19 inches long.

See less See more
#4 ·
Congrats~ I have had 2 c-sections the first was an emergency after 24 hours of hard labor and my heart rate deciding to take off and leave lol. The 2nd was planned. So wish your sister a quick recovery and tell her the pain doesn't last forever! C-sections hurt something fierce.

If she has not had one before tell her she can take a tube top "shirt" and pull it over her stomach to help the feeling of holding things in and make her more comfortable. After a c-section it feels like your inside might fall out :(

Reactions: Sadie
#5 ·
Holly neither one of us have ever had a C-Section! Thank You so much for the tips I will let her know. She is in A LOT of pain I have to help her walk the nurses want her walking around as much as possible to prevent blood clots. And they still have her on Morphine for the pain every 6 hours. Tonight they came in to remove the bandages from where the incision was made. She won't get to go home until Mon-Tues. And they actually checked her hemoglobin yesterday and it was extremely low. So they started her on Iron and they are going to recheck tomorrow if her levels have not improved she will have to get a blood transfusion. Other than that she is doing really well just very hard for her to move around much. The nurse said she had Placenta abruption which basically is when the placenta tries to come out before the baby. And it's life threatening to the mother and baby. It happens 1 in every 100 births. But they are just fine now it was just really scary when it all went down because no one expected it. She had a completely normal pregnancy and is in excellent health just one of those things that can come along with giving birth. Thank You again Holly for the well wishes and advice I really appreciate it and I know she will too!!!

#6 ·
While I have no experience with C-sections, and can offer no advice on that front, I do have experience with the need for iron. When I had my first child, I had an epidural that caused me to hemorrhage so badly that I ended up needing two blood transfusions. My iron count was still low after that, so they made me take iron supplements for 2 weeks after that. I missed 2 doses and I ended up back in the hospital. It is very important that she remember to take them if they prescribe them!
But congratulations on becoming an Auntie again! Jaylah is precious!

#10 ·
WOW! Many congrats to you Tara, and the new proud parents!! She is absolutely beautiful. While I have no experience with C-Sections, I know how it feels the first few days after childbirth. Even with natural births, the first few times you try to walk it feels like your insides are going to fall out! I wish I'd known about the tube top hint before I had my girls, would've made things a lot more comfortable lol.

LMAO @ Lisa2's comment about being able to give em back!!

#11 ·
awwww look at those cheeks :) Congrats to you and your family!

#15 ·
Thank You to my GP family for all the love and advice. I really appreciate it and I know my sister will too. Update: they checked her iron levels again today and they said that they don't think they will have to do the transfusion. They will check it again once more tomorrow to be sure. But looks like she might not need one after all!! YAY! I am so happy.

#16 ·
Good news! Its stressful enough to have to stay that long, much less to have other issues going on.

#17 ·
Yes Holly I know it's all so stressful and I think I have been on edge since everything happened I can only imagine what she is going through ... I read your posts to her and she said to tell you Thank You very much. She took a shower today for the first time since the birth and she said she hurt REALLY bad after she got out of the shower they had to give her pain med's she was in a lot of pain. Man I saw the cut where they went in and I just don't think I could deal with that. You girls are troopers for sure!

#18 ·
When it is an emergency the cut is bad because they are in a hurry. My fist one was like that. Anytime she has to stand or do much of anything she will tire fast and be in pain for about 2 weeks. Tell her to use those drugs! They cut right through your stomach muscles and you don't realize how much you use those muscles for EVERYTHING until they have been cut in half. The pain is un believable. I was in HARD labor for 22 hours and Fish got stuck on my pelvic bone and my heart rate started dropping fast. All that was still not as painful as waking up to being cut open.

#19 ·
WOW! I've learned something new, yet again. I don't know if this would be accurate but my way of thinking, the surgery I had in December to remove my ruptured tube and the baby I was 6 wks pregnant with (RIP baby D), my stomach felt like it was going to fall on my feet every time I moved for the first week afterwards, so it seems that even something that simple, even though it was three small incisions instead of one big one, is very similar. It just felt horrible, coupled with the slight depression from the loss of a child (even though I didn't know I was pregnant until I was at the hospital for immense pain and hemorrhaging), but this isn't about me.

Holly, I'm so sorry you had to go through that, and Tara, I'm sorry your sister had to experience it as well. I feel bad every time I hear of a woman having to have a c-section for medical reasons (although I know some women opt for it rather than natural birth) because I know how scary it is and can be.

Tara, I'm glad you're sister is doing better and may not need the transfusion and hopefully will be going home soon and getting her new life with her new bundle of joy back together. Please tell her Congratulations, again, for me. I hope you keep us posted every once in a while with pix of the new little beauty queen!

#20 ·
Well COngrats to you Miss Tara, Jaylah is gorgeous, look at them cheeks, :D:D

I hate to hear that your sister had to go thru so much, I had all three of my kids and my hysterectomy done thru the same scar, the 1st c-section was an emergency one and the other two were planned ad when it came time to do my hysterectomy I just told them to cut thru the same scar, and Holly is absolutely right about it hurting like heck for about two weeks afterwards, I had noone to help me or tell me these things and I had no idea about the tube top that would haev been awesome :D I too fell flat on my face after my first son, I was so drugged and laid in bed for two days afterwards, they didn't tell me my feet and legs wuldn't work. lol

Agan congrats, I am happy to hera that both mom an dbaby are doing good. HUgs

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.