Go Pitbull Forums banner

help please

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Fortune78 
#1 ·
I just went and got a new puppy tonite and she is 5 weeks old. I administered her dewormer (1 mL) with a medicine syringe and it went down her throat too quickly. She has been coughing since it happened. The coughing comes and goes now. She is breathing fine. Is this something to be worried about? Would she have liquid in her lungs? Like I stated before it was a little over 1 mL of deowrmer so it wasn't much.

#2 ·
Sorry, I don't know your answer. I'm just curious as to why you have your pup so early "they" recommend staying with the litters until 8 weeks. Did you just find her? have you brought her to a vet yet to see if anything else is wrong?

#3 ·
if you just got her , do you know if possibly she had a cough before hand? If just from the wormer I wouldn't think was anything to worry about. Maybe give her some water see if it helps. I would be worried though if this was something present BEFORE you gave her anything.

#6 ·
Welcome.Way too young to be away from the litter. BYB really piss me off. As for the coughing I bet she aspirated some of the medicine (got into her lungs). I would get her checked out by a vet to make sure she doesn't have kennel cough though to be on the safe side, very contagious. They may not be willing to start her off on her puppy shots due to her age but I not positive about that. She is a cutie though. What's her name?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.