Go Pitbull Forums banner

Wellness Core Grain Free Original Formula

2K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  ames 
#1 ·
Has anybody used this food? I am transitioning my girl to this after learning that her old food rated an F on the food grading system! I spent an hour in the store comparing foods and ingredients and thought this was the best of what I found. ALSO she's eaten a nice strip of a bed sheet. She's pooped only some out. Now shes squatting with little success. Not vomiting but acting a tad sluggish. Should I wait it out or take her into the vet?

#2 ·
#3 ·
Yes thats her food. Just want to know what others experiences may be? She likes it so far but hey what food doesn't a pitty like haha

It's been a couple days since the sheet. She's passed maybe half of it. Her appetite is the same, she's not vomiting but acting more lazy and a tad bitchy. It's just that she seems constipated now. I don't want to play with her health. Unfortunately a vet visit plus diagnostic testing is soo expensive. I'll call in the AM to be safe.

#5 ·
Haha I have heard that too about tomatoes so totally your call otherwise.

Yeah if it's causing blockage be prepared for an high vet bill. And a few days I would get her in ASAP. Keep us updates and good luck!!

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com App

#6 ·
Well she's becoming more regular today, probably from the change in food. The vet said it doesn't seem urgent given the details and if anything at all changes to come in. I've scheduled an appointment just in case. Needless to say I'm watching her carefully! Hasnt eliminated anymore of the bed sheet pieces yet but is atleast pooping and happy. And I found that there are a lot of high end dog foods with tomato pomace. So I'm not sure what to think about it but after just one day I'm seeing a big difference in her. Im also transitioning my cats to the wellness core indoor food and I see differences in them too. Just in a better mood, higher energy, happier. I noticed this food has glucosamine and chondroitin for bone and joint health, where I haven't seen any other brands with those ingredients though I'm sure there are some.

#7 ·
oh good, I don't think there can be a blockage if she is able to poop. Glad its working out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.