Go Pitbull Forums banner

mixing food

Tags
food mixing
2K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Rlopez1200 
#1 ·
I went to the vet a few days ago and when i asked him what to feed my puppy he said feed him soft dog food and hard mixed.
Is that a good idea?

#3 ·
sure, but how old is your pup? Made my boy a bit picky, I add Pumpkin Puree now instead of wet food. Good for loose or hard poops. keeps them regular and adds a bit of wet and flavor. Hard kibbles are best for teeth cleaning and gums maintenance.

#4 ·
I refuse to feed soft food, bunch of crap in it. I have yet to find a decent one. I think it makes a dog picky and there are better options if you need to go that route. What is the reason for adding soft food? if the dog can not chew it you are better off soaking kibble. if you just want to add something I would go with pumpkin, yogurt, or cottage cheese although none of those in large amounts. Honestly if you have to beef up food to get them to eat they get used to it and it really makes the picky eaters worse then before. No harm in putting food down if the dog wont eat it take it away till the next meal time, they may miss a couple meals but will eat when they get hungry enough and they will learn to eat when offered. I went through a picky eater with one of mine.

#5 ·
Unfortunately I have a picky eater :( I feed him Nutro Naturals dry and canned mixed. The canned stuff is hard to find though I have to special order it. At least where I'm from. It's a pain in the arse though. If I let run out before more comes in he refuses to eat. Thank god my other dogs all just eat what they are given lol. It gets expensive! The canned food is $1.99 a can.

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App

#7 ·
I don't feed soft food at all, bad on their teeth. And I only feed grain free for any dog, even my foster dog who I get food for from the rescue. My boy is on Acana Wild Prairie and has no teeth, skin, smell, coat, or poop issues any longer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.