Go Pitbull Forums banner

Female peeing right after she comes inside

2K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Bullyboy07 
#1 ·
My female was outside for at least a good half hour to do her business. I let her inside and she peed all over my bed and floor within a min I coming inside. Any clues as to y? She never does thi

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App

#4 ·
Dogs aren't so emotional so it wouldn't be done out of jealousy. I maybe wrong but i don't think dogs are capable of being jealous. When you let your dog outside to go potty do you just let her roam? If so that's a problem. There is only one way to make sure your dog is going to the bathroom outside (for dogs who aren't fully potty trained) and that is to walk them to their spot, see them doing their business and then take them back inside.

#7 ·
Actually dogs do get jealous. That's y some dogs fight over their owners or push eachother out if the way when giving one attention...?? And she i fully potty trained that's y I'm not sure y she did it. A lot of ppl just let their dogs out in the yard to do their business, idk how that's wrong? But thanks for replying
[/url][/color]
No that's dominance not jealousy. Try what I suguested once and see if it helps before you rule it out. Does your dog have a specific spot where it releases. If not make her a spot and take her there at specific times each day. Your dog will eventually know her schedule and then you can just let her out on her own because she'll know exactly what she's out there for. When you let her out now she probably has no clue what she's supose to be doing so instead she does as she pleases.

#9 ·
I agree w/ Rabbit and CCK.

I would start going out with her and walking her on leash to "the spot", give the command, wait her out, walk around the spot until she eliminates then praise like crazy and add a little treat just for good measure.

Do this until you get a solid behavior history, then you can try letting her out on her own again.

Sometimes dogs only learn things partially and if structure is taken away too soon the behavior falls off.

(Sometimes dogs are just weird. We have an 8X8 fenced area strictly for pottying and we stand in the doorway and watch the dog potty the entire time. Fairly often (often enough for us to joke about it) my dog will tinkle, turn around and ask to come back in. We either let her back in and send her right back out or we refuse to let her in and we tell her "POOPY POTTY". So she stands there for a few seconds like "seriously? You're not letting me in"???, then she starts sniffing around, then she takes a HUGE poop...and we're like "How the hell did you not know you had to do that"??? LOL)

#10 ·
I'm sorry to everyone that was suckered into posting. The OP is posting under a pseudo-name because they were given a temporary ban on another account for their actions. Please don't waste the time to type out a response here.

#11 ·
Thank you. For non of us are experts with these breeds. Yes they can get jealous for my 5 month old bully (boy) does. Most of the time it is when I'm paying attention to other dogs in the house. 9 week old bully (2ea. Girls). My boy will get in between us and try to push me away and want to play with me. No aggression involved he just want me to play with him. On the other hand my boy will go I the house (fully potty trained)or tare up magazines if I leave at home and I let him out before I leave and do watch to make sure he goes. He goes almost everywhere with me. I'm no expert at this but these are a couple thing that I have expirenced with my dogs. If you want them to do as you ask make sure you give them a lot of praise when they do right. My dogs are more responsive to do as I ask.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.