Go Pitbull Forums banner

Biting when excited

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Amy2983 
#1 ·
I have had Macy about 6 weeks now, she is 1year and 3 months old. The people we got her from said she was taken from an abusive situation but wether intentional or not they were very vague about her past. We have also determined that she has had a liter of pups. She is for the most part a good dog. She seems to do well with other dogs and has yet to show any agression towards them. My sister and her kids live with me and the 2nd week we had her she did growl at my 4 year old nephew but I'll let that slide as her still adjusting and he was poking at her face. We have been correcting my nephew as well. The biggest issue is when we play with her ie throwing her toys she seems to get very excited and starts jumping up on us and nipping . What is the best way to correct this? She is in obedience training and we have gone to 3 classes so far. Unfortunately we havent been able to start as the trainer wants her to become comfortable there, she is quite fearful of new places and people. there is also a dark doorway that she refuses to even look at much less get near so its a slow go lol any advice would be amazing. I know we can't rush her.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.