Go Pitbull Forums banner

Escalated post, please really need HELP

2K views 18 replies 6 participants last post by  Chelle 
#1 ·
I previously posted that my 23 week old female Luna was humping my 2 year old male, but now it's out of control as she's humping my 8 year old DAUGHTER. She seeks her out only and it's a serious hump! I know the advice I received before, but my two boys never did this and Luna being our first female I'm really concerned that she's now mounting her human BFF.
SN: My daughter & my Luna are BFF, just like Luna & Judah are BFF. She also doesn't hump my 7 year old male as he's the dominant male.
Dog Cloud Wood Flooring Happy

Dog Carnivore Dog breed Comfort Wood

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App

See less See more
#2 ·
lol One of my 15 year old dogs does that! I really have to watch her with my son!

What I would do is put her on leash, like a long leash 15-20 feet. Anytime she starts to hump say NO and correct her. Correct her with a big pop on the leash. This sounds like dominance and a pup who is feels like being in charge. That means she does not think you are in charge! My 15 year old is an ass, trust me you do not want this problem when she's that age! She is good 99% of the time but if she starts playing with him she'll hump in. so she is not allowed to play with him.

Making sure you correct this now is the best thing you can do before it goes any further.

#4 ·
Off topic, but I felt she was "growing" as opposed to gaining too fast and even asked my vet and the forum yet everyone says she's fine. Maybe I need to exercise her more, but thanks for noticing any advice on that would be greatly appreciated.

On topic: Luna is such a goooooood pup, this crazy humping just started and I'm so unprepared for this behavior.

#7 ·
Luna considers herself the dominate in your daughters life. She needs to correct her. Have her work with Luna on commands and proper manners.
Off topic: How big is she? My boy weighs in at 80lbs (20lbs more then I want). He gained it after luxating patella surgery and no work outs for almost a year. Cut back on food intake, get a good quality food. Limit treats other then some raw veggies. Extra walks, ball throwing, build a simple obstacle course if possible and have your daughter work her. Get a dog backpack, I place cans of soup in it, just make sure it's a balanced weight and walk her with it. These are some of the things I am doing. Don't follow the amount of food on the bag. My 3y/o gets 1 1/2c 2x/day with raw veggies no fru fru treats. I give raw frozen veggies as a treat when working on commands.

#11 ·
Luna now weights 57lbs, just praying she doesn't hit 60 before her 6 month birthday...she doesn't eat treats as I chose to use positive reinforcement and love instead. But walking her more could be the issue. I could hire a dog walker for $15 per hour when I'm not home or available, just seems like it'll cost me more argument wise (with my hubby) than actual purse. Any other suggestions?

#8 ·
Maybe it was the picture that made her look big or the way she is laying, either way remember there is no such thing as puppy fat and most vets would never tell you a dog is overwieght. I use to be a vet tech and the vets really never (unless it was severely obese) say a dog is overweight. Why you ask..... because most of the time the owners were overweight too and they would get offended like the vets were making comments about the owner. So most vets I know will not tell someone they have overweight pets, they don't want to offend anyone I know off topic.... lol

#9 ·
This is me in the blue dress...I hope & pray my vet wasn't try to spare an insult about weight. But I did my pup 3 times a day, since reduced it to twice a day of about 1-1/2 to 2 cups per mea (alternating between white rice, kibble, boiled chicken quarters and carrots, oh and I don't use treats).

As far as dominance or aggression she's soooooo über sweet. Could she just be horny (no pun intended, just curious, yet serious).

Smile Arm Interaction Leisure Entertainment

#10 ·
That's a lot of food for a puppy.... do you have other pictures?
Back on topic she can be sweet and still try and assert dominance, dominance does not mean aggressive. I suggest doing what I said earlier by correcting the behavior and it should go away. BTW you look fine ;) just saying most vets steer clear of the weight convo lol

#16 ·
^This.

I personally would just be concerned about stopping the behavior because it's unwanted without reading a whole lot more into it as it seems you are not certain of the root cause.

The correction can simply be some indication of "No stop it", and then the human actually interrupts and stops the behavior and directs the dog's attention elsewhere to something you feel is appropriate.

Be consistent, do it every single time the behavior occurs; and stop your daughter from laughing because that probably is feeding into the dog's behavior...she/you need to make it clear that the behavior is unwelcomed.

#18 ·
I would tether Luna to you and either not give her access to the 2 year old or give you the opportunity to stop the behavior just as she gets the gleam in her eye.

I know it's a pain in the butt to have to do 2 things at once; but consider it as "time limited". But I think you do need to put the time and energy in on the front end to work on stopping the behavior...or it could get worse.

I was going to suggest baby gates so the dogs couldn't get to the toddler when you aren't directly supervising...but I'm also not keen on the idea of more than 1 bully breed together without direct supervision either...

#19 ·
I would tether Luna to you and either not give her access to the 2 year old or give you the opportunity to stop the behavior just as she gets the gleam in her eye.

I know it's a pain in the butt to have to do 2 things at once; but consider it as "time limited". But I think you do need to put the time and energy in on the front end to work on stopping the behavior...or it could get worse.

I was going to suggest baby gates so the dogs couldn't get to the toddler when you aren't directly supervising...but I'm also not keen on the idea of more than 1 bully breed together without direct supervision either...
I agree, "to put the time and energy in on the front end to work on stopping the behavior" than to have to deal with the long-standing effects. And as far as the two bullies together, I consign that too as we have three and rotate them amongst each into their respected areas except the female whole has grown up sort of speak with the comfort of the both. But to fill you in Luna does not hump my older male ever as he's the alpha in the family. Nevertheless the tether is a great idea and I'm going to try it during Christmas meal prep, me wish me luck. Happy holidays, I'll keep you posted.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.