Go Pitbull Forums banner

New to the forum-My big boy, Bart

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  ames 
#1 ·
I just joined this forum after looking through some posts, it looks like its full of friendly people and good information!! I don't remember ever not having a pit bull in my life.. It all started with Maggie, she was short an stocky, a pretty small dog with a big head!
Then came Jackson, who was fiery orange with "devil eyes" (the looked like they glowed! He was gorgeous! Old fashioned original pit bull, probably weighed about 38 lbs). Next we rescued Pepper, who was tied to a bench with a rope and left at a rest stop. She was your average sized pitty, a little underweight at first but she gained it back, she was black brindle (hence the name). Next was Nicky, a piebald "champagne" (though I use that term lightly... I know it isn't really a true color, just an easy way to describe her). She was our first case of an aggressive pit bull.. She was very unpredictable and would be fine for the longest time and then just snap over nothing. Other than that she was the PERFECT dog, loved people and everything.
We had to put her down this summer over her growing arthritis and loss of bladder control. Her loss is still pretty raw..
We currently have Bart. He is 4 years young and lived with Nicky in his first 3 years. We named him Thomas the Tank (Tank) when we got him, but there were some arguments on the name, and in prevention of making the real life Ferdinand the Bull seem scarier than he is, it got changed to Bart.
Bart is 85lbs when he is at his heaviest, though his weight has gone down some recently since we brought home a puppy from ID that he is playing with non-stop!
I'll add some pictures of Bart.
The piebald in the pictures is Nicky.

View attachment 13709
View attachment 13710
Dog Dog breed Plant Carnivore Collar

Dog Carnivore Collar Dog breed Working animal

Dog Carnivore Dog breed Working animal Fawn

Dog Cabinetry Dog breed Carnivore Collar

Sky Cloud Dog Dress Working animal

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App

See less See more
#5 ·
Welcome!!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.