Go Pitbull Forums banner

Kennel training questions: where to put it?

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  nthn79 
#1 ·
We have a 7 month old male, Moses, that we are kennel training. These are my questions:

1. Where is the best place for the kennel? Ours is in the living room, he eats in it and stays when we are gone. Our problem is night, he wines for hours! No matter what activities we put in with him.

2. Would it be better to get two kennels? Seems extreme but we could put one in our bedroom for night time. He would do better if he could see us.

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App

#2 ·
Put his kennel in another room where you can't hear him whine at night. If you are getting up to check on him he will keep whining for attention. MY suggestion is put it in a room where you are not at and let him deal with being in a crate. Give it a week and he should get over it. The most important thing is not to check on him or give him attention when he whines. That will teach him you come when he calls.

#4 ·
Have you tried to cover the crate? Or if it is covered move it into the middle of the room? Put a radio or TV on in the room, my dog needed a radio to distract from the scary sounds of the house at night. Every dog is different. but i agree, you cant go in the room when the dog is acting up or they think they need to act up in order for you to come in the room.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.