Go Pitbull Forums banner

Ralphie & Danny

602 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  circlemkennels 
#1 ·
Hi,

My name is Laura and a proud fur mommy of Ralphie and Danny, two pit bull mixes we adopted from a rescue here in Clearwater, Florida.
Having never owned dogs before, only cats, this has been a wonderful adventure.

Ralphie was our first baby. Dropped off at the rescue at the whopping old age of about 8 weeks he had came to them with an eye infection that was so bad that they had to remove the eye. It was about a week before Christmas and hence the name Ralphie, A Christmas Story.

Ralphie's infection was so bad through out his body that demodex mange was the next of his issues. He lost all his hair, and became the cutest hot mess ever!

He was in the care of the rescue for quite a while until he found a foster home. He was on tons of medication, his eye was healing and continued his hot mess recuperation.

When my daughter and I decided we wanted a dog we started looking at rescues. Ralphie's photo caught our eye and we were instantly in love. Little did we know that the cute puppy we saw winking at us did NOT in any way shape or form look like that puppy when we took him in. The mange was at it's all time worse but there was no way I would turn him away.
We became his next foster parents with the intention of adopting him. That was May 14th Mother's Day, how perfect!

Danny, a tri-colored pit AmStaff came to live with us Sept 9, 2012. We knew we wanted a brother for Ralphie and again, we were looking and when we saw Danny's face, we knew he was the one.

And so, here we are on a pit bull forum seeking help for our baby Ralphie. I hope someone can offer some input.

Thanks so much,
Laura

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome Laura. I just got back to NY from 5 weeks in Clearwater Fl area working, passed up threw Spring Hill. Beautiful Area. Welcome to the Forum. Alot of good info here. Look around ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.