Go Pitbull Forums banner

HELP!!

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Goemon 
#1 ·
Ok i have my pup that makes 7 weeks tom. She eats very good an drinks an plays. I been having her about a week and when i first got her she was brought to vet an dewormed an givin all shots. Now fir the last 2 days she been having diarrehea and i noticed blood. Not much at all but like a drop or so. And not everytime either. Gonna test for parvo today keeping fingers crossed its not that. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App

#2 ·
It could be coccidia too if it's not parvo. I'll be praying for you! Parvo incubation time is 10 days so 10 days from when sh got sick is when she was exposed if it was parvo. If caught early it is totally treatable! Good luck I'll be praying for something less serious! Coccidia can be deadly but in younger puppies. By 7 weeks with proper treatment it shouldn't be too bad.

#4 ·
hook worms can leave a little blood in stool, usually its jelly like too

#6 ·
A lot of times the little blood at the end can be from pushing so hard. My blue pup would get diarrhea if she ate anything other than her food.....if your pup checks ok for anything serious it can be the food or maybe he/she ate something that caused the diarrhea. Good luck!

#9 ·
Any time you get a pup/dog a stool check mention for them to check for coccidia as well.
It takes a little longer but you are paying for a full stool check. Some vets may overlook this.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.