Go Pitbull Forums banner

Weight Gain

Tags
gain weight
4K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  GoingPostal 
#1 ·
I am just curious if any one can give me some advise if this is normal. Phoebe is now seven months and is weighing 60 lbs. She was gaining weight at a steady pace in the past three weeks, I have taken her off Blue Buffalo Wilderness Puppy food three feedings a day and put her on Blue Buffalo Basic grain free. I have also cut her meals from three times a day to twice a day but still feeding her the same amount. She has not put on any weight in the past three weeks. This is the first time I own this breed and not very familiar with their growth and development pattern. I think she looks great she is 18 inches at the withers just wondering if that is pretty much going to be her weight and height.
Dog Plant Dog breed Carnivore Collar

See less See more
#3 ·
They grow up for the first year and out for about 2 years after that. She may have hit the end of her growth spurt for now, but at 7 months she is not done growing yet. Just watch her weight and don't let her get fat. Adjust her kibble intake as needed. She's a pretty girl already, she is going to be amazing when she is full grown. :)

#5 ·
Hard to say but she's still young, should fill out some and probably add a small amount of height. Just make sure to keep her lean, you want to see the hint of a couple ribs and a nice waist and tuck, most dogs are kept way overweight, this breed has a lot of hips/knee/ccl injuries in poorly bred dogs so best to keep them as thin as possible.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.