Go Pitbull Forums banner

American Bully or APBT?

2K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  surfer 
#1 ·
So I've been reading through lots of threads on here and I read somewhere that while lots of dogs are registered as APBT, they are actually American Bullies. That got me to wondering if my UKC almost-registered (lol, haven't sent the registration in yet...going to do that this weekend!) APBT is actually an American bully?

He is 8 months old and weighs 67 lbs

See less See more
#2 ·
We'd have to see the pedigree to look at the bloodlines and tell you what you have. Although the breeder should have been straight forward with what they were selling.

Reactions: EckoMac
#5 ·
I have 0 faith in that man. He said he was a gotti line but I am so disappointed in him, I honestly don't know if he was telling the truth and like I said, I have not sent the registration in yet.

Since I got my dog (who is only 8 months old and was from the first litter this dude produced) he has had the mom pregnant 2 more times :( I never would have bought a puppy from him were it not for the connection my dog and I shared when he sold him to me at FIVE weeks old. :(

#3 ·
The pedigree is the tell on what he is.
Razors Edge, Gotti, Suarez, Mikeland, just a few American Bully lines to look for in the ped.
When you get it, if you post it up, there are several here that can look at it and tell you what you have.
Cute pup either way. :)

#4 ·
As others said the lines will tell what it is. If you have the names of the reg. certificate it may give a hint. Curious to see the ped, he looks quiet similar to the Zion dogs I have seen.

#11 ·
Yeah all I found was an ad for a sister to your dog, but the ad it's self had been removed. You may have to just wait until you get your papers back. The kennel name will not be listed on the papers unless it is part of the registered names of the parents.

#13 ·
different times anywhere from 2-6wks. but no matter, if you like the dog, thats ALL that matters. its all personal preference anyway. we just happen to like this type [breed] of dog. heck, some people like cats, but you shouldnt able to tell them what they like. if your happy with him, take care of him the best you can, thats all you can ask for. but, let me make a suggestion, please send those papers off. not that theres any thing wrong with unpapered dogs, but theres already enuf of them, if you have a registered pure bred dog with papers, [if you can spring for it get the big pedigree] then you learn how to analyze them, you'll be amazed with what you have. if you ever do mae a breeding....... thats a whole different subject, only to it to better the breed, and only with another dog that has papers also. good luck, yis

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.