Turtlebuster - Pitbulls : Go Pitbull Dog Forums

           
   

Go Back   Pitbulls : Go Pitbull Dog Forums > General Pitbull Forums > Bloodline Discussion



GopitBull.com is the premier Pitbull Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Forum Information
Forum Members:
Total Threads:
Posts: 22

Forum Staff:
redog
YUNGSTER
pitbullmamanatl
ThaLadyPit
Firehazard
Odin's_BlueDragon
Rudy4747
angelbaby
ames
welder
coach
Carriana
Black Rabbit
~StangChick~
jttar


There are currently users online.

Advertisements

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2009, 12:13 AM   #1 (permalink)
 
ATLAS's Avatar
 
Asteroids Champion!
ATLAS is a jewel in the roughATLAS is a jewel in the roughATLAS is a jewel in the roughATLAS is a jewel in the rough
Turtlebuster

Is it a bloodline.If so I would like some info..thanks
ATLAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-02-2009, 12:31 AM   #2 (permalink)
Silver VIP Member
 
Patch-O-Pits's Avatar
 

Patch-O-Pits reputation ninjaPatch-O-Pits reputation ninjaPatch-O-Pits reputation ninjaPatch-O-Pits reputation ninjaPatch-O-Pits reputation ninjaPatch-O-Pits reputation ninjaPatch-O-Pits reputation ninjaPatch-O-Pits reputation ninjaPatch-O-Pits reputation ninjaPatch-O-Pits reputation ninjaPatch-O-Pits reputation ninjaPatch-O-Pits reputation ninjaPatch-O-Pits reputation ninjaPatch-O-Pits reputation ninjaPatch-O-Pits reputation ninja
Patch-O-Pits reputation ninjaPatch-O-Pits reputation ninjaPatch-O-Pits reputation ninjaPatch-O-Pits reputation ninjaPatch-O-Pits reputation ninjaPatch-O-Pits reputation ninjaPatch-O-Pits reputation ninjaPatch-O-Pits reputation ninjaPatch-O-Pits reputation ninjaPatch-O-Pits reputation ninjaPatch-O-Pits reputation ninjaPatch-O-Pits reputation ninjaPatch-O-Pits reputation ninjaPatch-O-Pits reputation ninjaPatch-O-Pits reputation ninja
Yes it is a Bloodline and here is the dog it stems off of:
Pedigree Of : CH GAINES' TURTLEBUSTER
__________________
Patch O' Pits,
In Pursuit O' Perfection...
Home to GRCH, CH, Agility, Working Therapy APBTs


Patch-O-Pits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 02:17 PM   #3 (permalink)
 
ATLAS's Avatar
 
Asteroids Champion!
ATLAS is a jewel in the roughATLAS is a jewel in the roughATLAS is a jewel in the roughATLAS is a jewel in the rough
cool thanks for the info..:
ATLAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 04:40 PM   #4 (permalink)
Banned
(Reason)
 

fancier will become famous soon enough
No it isn't.
No dog is a bloodline.
The bloodline is from the breeder.
K. G. & Co. has a basic line of dogs which are a mixture of other bloodlines.
Ch. Turtle Buster is just one of the dogs he has in his line.
fancier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 04:55 PM   #5 (permalink)
 
CINCINNATIBULLIES's Avatar
 

CINCINNATIBULLIES reputation ninjaCINCINNATIBULLIES reputation ninjaCINCINNATIBULLIES reputation ninjaCINCINNATIBULLIES reputation ninjaCINCINNATIBULLIES reputation ninjaCINCINNATIBULLIES reputation ninjaCINCINNATIBULLIES reputation ninjaCINCINNATIBULLIES reputation ninjaCINCINNATIBULLIES reputation ninjaCINCINNATIBULLIES reputation ninjaCINCINNATIBULLIES reputation ninjaCINCINNATIBULLIES reputation ninjaCINCINNATIBULLIES reputation ninjaCINCINNATIBULLIES reputation ninjaCINCINNATIBULLIES reputation ninja
CINCINNATIBULLIES reputation ninjaCINCINNATIBULLIES reputation ninjaCINCINNATIBULLIES reputation ninjaCINCINNATIBULLIES reputation ninjaCINCINNATIBULLIES reputation ninjaCINCINNATIBULLIES reputation ninjaCINCINNATIBULLIES reputation ninjaCINCINNATIBULLIES reputation ninjaCINCINNATIBULLIES reputation ninjaCINCINNATIBULLIES reputation ninjaCINCINNATIBULLIES reputation ninjaCINCINNATIBULLIES reputation ninjaCINCINNATIBULLIES reputation ninjaCINCINNATIBULLIES reputation ninjaCINCINNATIBULLIES reputation ninja
YES TURTLEBUSTER IS A BLOODLINE BASED OFF OF GAINES CH TURTLEBUSTER BRED DOWN FROM GRCH ADAM'S KINGFISH. TURTLEBUSTER IS ALSO THE SIRE OF THE FAMOUS GAINES FARGO, ALONG WITH SEVERAL OTHER NOTABLE GAMEDOGS.
CINCINNATIBULLIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 02:28 PM   #6 (permalink)
Banned
(Reason)
 

fancier will become famous soon enough
Atlas,
misinformation is what you try to avoid.
Ch. Turtle Buster or any other named dog is never a bloodline.
A dog can't be bred to its' self.
There for, no dog can be a bloodline.
This is a common misconception for a novice dog owner/breeder.
The choosing of which dogs are bred is done by the breeder.
In this case, K.G. & Co.

Ch. Turtle Buster was only one of many dogs which appear in the pedigrees.
If you look at K.G. & Co.'s Ch. Timex, it is mostly Ch. Paladin.
His son K.G. & Co.'s Ch. Red Dog has even less Ch. Turtle Buster in him and has a lot of I.K.'s dog on the bottom side.
K.G. & Co.'s Ch. Chisum has no Turtle Buster in him.
Yes, on paper Ch. Turtle Buster is Fargo's father but in truth, he isn't, according to K.G.

A good example of misinformation is in the above post.
Davey's dog Kingfish, wasn't a grand champion.
People throw titles around without independent conformation of said claim.
But again this is a common mistake because once something is told and repeated, then people begin to think it is fact, as a dog being a bloodline or false titles.

Last edited by fancier; 01-25-2009 at 02:38 PM.
fancier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 04:02 PM   #7 (permalink)
 

Ncprisonguard will become famous soon enough
TurtleBuster, just like Jeep and Eli, and Chinaman and etc etc etc.... are individual dogs that fanciers designate as a bloodline, because of those dogs ability to consistently produce their outstanding genes into their offspring.
__________________
"Those who want to live, let them fight, and those who do not want to fight in this world of eternal struggle do not deserve to live."
Ncprisonguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 07:25 PM   #8 (permalink)
 
MADBood's Avatar
 

MADBood reputation ninjaMADBood reputation ninjaMADBood reputation ninja
MADBood reputation ninjaMADBood reputation ninjaMADBood reputation ninjaMADBood reputation ninjaMADBood reputation ninjaMADBood reputation ninjaMADBood reputation ninjaMADBood reputation ninjaMADBood reputation ninjaMADBood reputation ninjaMADBood reputation ninja
If what you say is true then no dog has a bloodline. All bloodlines are are names of a particular dog as NCprison noted, or the name of the breeder or kennel. What shall we consider a bloodline? Nice name by the way...why not just use "dogman" or "dog fighter" for all that? I would use a pinch of discretion if I were you.
__________________
It is not the breed that is a threat to society but rather society is a threat to the breed.
MADBood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 09:02 PM   #9 (permalink)
Banned
(Reason)
 

fancier will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ncprisonguard View Post
TurtleBuster, just like Jeep and Eli, and Chinaman and etc etc etc.... are individual dogs that fanciers designate as a bloodline, because of those dogs ability to consistently produce their outstanding genes into their offspring.
No they are not.
When a dog is named,
it is specing a particular dog from the breeder's bloodline.
As in the case with Ch. Turtle Buster he is from the Gaines bloodline or if you were to say, Red Devil/Kingfish cross?
Ch. Turtle Buster is from the Gaines bloodline.

Jeep isn't a bloodline.
He is a specific dog from the J.C. Shaw or Irish Jerry bloodline.
If we were to use your comparison he would be a Ch. Bo/Ch. Honey Bunch cross bloodline.

Eli isn't a bloodline.
He is a particular dog from the Boudreaux bloodline same as Boze etc.

Chinaman is from the Garner bloodline who roots trace back in to Eli.
Garner also has Gr. Ch. Spike dogs as well.

Each one of these dogs have been bred to females from other bloodlines.
To discount the female, is discounting the recognition of at least 50% of what they produced.
If you inbreed or tight line breed then it would be endless of which bloodline it would be of any of these dogs which were named according to your reference.

When people refer to bloodlines you refer to the breeder because that is who sets the bloodline.
Example: Colby, Neblett, Hemphill, Corvino etc.
Each of the bloodlines has a great number of dogs that could be credited as a bloodline according to your analogy.
fancier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 09:08 PM   #10 (permalink)
Banned
(Reason)
 

fancier will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by MADBood View Post
If what you say is true then no dog has a bloodline. All bloodlines are are names of a particular dog as NC prison noted, or the name of the breeder or kennel. What shall we consider a bloodline? Nice name by the way...why not just use "dogman" or "dog fighter" for all that? I would use a pinch of discretion if I were you.

Is your response to me?
No all dogs have bloodlines but no dog IS a bloodline.
The bloodline is the breeder in the pedigree of the dog.
It is THEIR bloodline!
If they chose to use their kennel name then that is the bloodline of the dog.

Thanks, I like the name too.
Do your history and you would understand the handle, as in "Dog Fancier".
Does that give you a clue about the handle and where it originated?
fancier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 09:19 PM   #11 (permalink)
 
MADBood's Avatar
 

MADBood reputation ninjaMADBood reputation ninjaMADBood reputation ninja
MADBood reputation ninjaMADBood reputation ninjaMADBood reputation ninjaMADBood reputation ninjaMADBood reputation ninjaMADBood reputation ninjaMADBood reputation ninjaMADBood reputation ninjaMADBood reputation ninjaMADBood reputation ninjaMADBood reputation ninja
Quote:
Originally Posted by fancier View Post
Do your history and you would understand the handle, as in "Dog Fancier".
I'm sure thats what you meant. Thanks for the history lesson.
__________________
It is not the breed that is a threat to society but rather society is a threat to the breed.
MADBood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 10:25 PM   #12 (permalink)
 

Ncprisonguard will become famous soon enough
Yes Fancier.... but in that case Jeep who was bred by Crenshaw... is actually out of Finley's Bo who was 100% from the Loposay line and Ch Honeybunch who was a Bullyson/Carver dog... and Bullyson was 100% Boudreaux. See I know my history too.

But I also know that when a particular dog from a particular bloodline becomes famous... I.e. Chinaman (who isn't from Garner's "bloodline".. he's actually an Eli/Carver dog) when Chinaman became famous dogs that came down from him were then refered to as Chinaman dogs. Thus making his line a "bloodline" Dogs decended from that famous dog. That is why when people ask what bloodlines you are running... if you are running dogs descended from Jeep.. you say Jeep.... you don't say Crenshaw... well maybe you do.... but nobody else I've ever known does.
__________________
"Those who want to live, let them fight, and those who do not want to fight in this world of eternal struggle do not deserve to live."

Last edited by Ncprisonguard; 01-25-2009 at 10:26 PM. Reason: typo
Ncprisonguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 03:08 PM   #13 (permalink)
Banned
(Reason)
 

fancier will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ncprisonguard View Post
Yes Fancier.... but in that case Jeep who was bred by Crenshaw... is actually out of Finley's Bo who was 100% from the Loposay line and Ch Honeybunch who was a Bullyson/Carver dog... and Bullyson was 100% Boudreaux. See I know my history too.

But I also know that when a particular dog from a particular bloodline becomes famous... I.e. Chinaman (who isn't from Garner's "bloodline".. he's actually an Eli/Carver dog) when Chinaman became famous dogs that came down from him were then refered to as Chinaman dogs. Thus making his line a "bloodline" Dogs decended from that famous dog. That is why when people ask what bloodlines you are running... if you are running dogs descended from Jeep.. you say Jeep.... you don't say Crenshaw... well maybe you do.... but nobody else I've ever known does.
Actually No, Jeep was owned by James Garrett.
Many of the breeding credited to J.C. was done by other people as in the case when Honey Bunch was bred to Zebo by Ricky.
Irish Jerry also did many of the breeding.
Irish Jerry is the one who made her a champion and
was the one who got her from Maurice.
If you know history then you know Honey Bunch mother's was Carver blood. So now we have at least three bloodlines in Jeep.
Knowing history as seeing the dog as I did?
Or knowing how to read a pedigree?
I'm just wondering the clarification of your reference to knowing history.

No, when people are asked what line they are feeding they say J.C. Shaw bloodline through Ch. Jeep is the proper way of stating what they are feeding.
You have to say it this way because Garrett did the breeding with Jeep. Shaw owned dogs off of Jeep.
What do you say when you are asked and you are feeding a dog from Lou?
You say Colby...
When you are asked what you are feeding from Bob?
You say Hemphill bloodline...etc.

This fad in making a reference caught on during the 80's and has stayed with the breed ever since but it doesn't make it correct.
No dog can be "pure" within its self because it can not be bred to its self!
If everyone use the method of which you use, when Ch. Jeep was bred to Gr. Ch. Ms Rage, you call them Jeep/Rage pups? LOL
Or they are Zebo/Honey Bunch dogs. LOL

1. a bloodline is from the breeder.
2. a strain is different bloodlines with in the breed who has the looks, characteristics and their pedigree heavily traces back of the one of the foundation breeds.
3. a breed is pure and can reproduce its self and is made up from many other pure bred dogs.
fancier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 04:24 PM   #14 (permalink)
 
CINCINNATIBULLIES's Avatar
 

CINCINNATIBULLIES reputation ninjaCINCINNATIBULLIES reputation ninjaCINCINNATIBULLIES reputation ninjaCINCINNATIBULLIES reputation ninjaCINCINNATIBULLIES reputation ninjaCINCINNATIBULLIES reputation ninjaCINCINNATIBULLIES reputation ninjaCINCINNATIBULLIES reputation ninjaCINCINNATIBULLIES reputation ninjaCINCINNATIBULLIES reputation ninjaCINCINNATIBULLIES reputation ninjaCINCINNATIBULLIES reputation ninjaCINCINNATIBULLIES reputation ninjaCINCINNATIBULLIES reputation ninjaCINCINNATIBULLIES reputation ninja
CINCINNATIBULLIES reputation ninjaCINCINNATIBULLIES reputation ninjaCINCINNATIBULLIES reputation ninjaCINCINNATIBULLIES reputation ninjaCINCINNATIBULLIES reputation ninjaCINCINNATIBULLIES reputation ninjaCINCINNATIBULLIES reputation ninjaCINCINNATIBULLIES reputation ninjaCINCINNATIBULLIES reputation ninjaCINCINNATIBULLIES reputation ninjaCINCINNATIBULLIES reputation ninjaCINCINNATIBULLIES reputation ninjaCINCINNATIBULLIES reputation ninjaCINCINNATIBULLIES reputation ninjaCINCINNATIBULLIES reputation ninja
i just talked to kg's & co. according to them fargo is definitely off of ch turtlebuster and they would know they are kg right hand

also i have my adba papers in front of me and it is gch adams kingfish por


also there is two different gaines lines one is turtlebuster and gaines anything else. the prior is off of turtlebuster and the latter is off of timex in a different direction mainly eli crosses from what i can gather.but alot of his dogs are turtlebuster red dog crosses combining the blood to keep turtlebuster blood going

Last edited by CINCINNATIBULLIES; 01-26-2009 at 06:10 PM.
CINCINNATIBULLIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 06:08 PM   #15 (permalink)
 
vegasbound's Avatar
 

vegasbound is a jewel in the roughvegasbound is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by fancier View Post
Actually No, Jeep was owned by James Garrett.
Many of the breeding credited to J.C. was done by other people as in the case when Honey Bunch was bred to Zebo by Ricky.
Irish Jerry also did many of the breeding.
Irish Jerry is the one who made her a champion and
was the one who got her from Maurice.
If you know history then you know Honey Bunch mother's was Carver blood. So now we have at least three bloodlines in Jeep.
Knowing history as seeing the dog as I did?
Or knowing how to read a pedigree?
I'm just wondering the clarification of your reference to knowing history.

No, when people are asked what line they are feeding they say J.C. Shaw bloodline through Ch. Jeep is the proper way of stating what they are feeding.
You have to say it this way because Garrett did the breeding with Jeep. Shaw owned dogs off of Jeep.
What do you say when you are asked and you are feeding a dog from Lou?
You say Colby...
When you are asked what you are feeding from Bob?
You say Hemphill bloodline...etc.

This fad in making a reference caught on during the 80's and has stayed with the breed ever since but it doesn't make it correct.
No dog can be "pure" within its self because it can not be bred to its self!
If everyone use the method of which you use, when Ch. Jeep was bred to Gr. Ch. Ms Rage, you call them Jeep/Rage pups? LOL
Or they are Zebo/Honey Bunch dogs. LOL

1. a bloodline is from the breeder.
2. a strain is different bloodlines with in the breed who has the looks, characteristics and their pedigree heavily traces back of the one of the foundation breeds.
3. a breed is pure and can reproduce its self and is made up from many other pure bred dogs.
Good info, you know your dogs!!
vegasbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
turtlebuster

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




PetGuide.com
Basset.net DobermanTalk.com GoldenRetrieverForum.com OurBeagleWorld.com
BoxerForums.com DogForums.com GoPitbull.com PoodleForum.com
BulldogBreeds.com FishForums.com HavaneseForum.com SpoiledMaltese.com
CatForum.com GermanShepherds.com Labradoodle-dogs.net YorkieForum.com
Chihuahua-People.com RetrieverBreeds.com

All times are GMT. The time now is 07:03 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
pitbull , pitbulls , pit bulls , american pitbull terrier , apbt , bsl , pitbull forums , pitbull pictures , pitbull information
Go Pitbull Site Map
Go Pitbull