New puppy. Help with color... - Pitbulls : Go Pitbull Dog Forums

Go Back   Pitbulls : Go Pitbull Dog Forums > The Knowledgebase > Bullies 101

GopitBull.com is the premier Pitbull Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Forum Information
Forum Members:
Total Threads:

Forum Staff:
redog
YUNGSTER
ThaLadyPit
Rudy4747
ames
coach
Carriana
jttar
BCdogs
EckoMac

There are currently users online.

Advertisements

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2015, 01:05 AM   #1 (permalink)

xotiffany is an unknown quantity at this point
New puppy. Help with color...

Okay so I do know that in order to be a Tri there has to be 3 colors... Long story short I was told she was a Tri drove 3 hours there and 3 back to pick her up When I got there I noticed she was missing the white or black that the third color is suppose to be. What Im wondering is exactly what color is she? From what it looks to me she is Champagne... But how can she have the exact marking a Tri is suppose to have? Was she suppose to be a Tri? Does she carry Tri genes or does she just have the Tan points? Its her distinctive markings that confuse me .. Because her tan points are exactly where they should be on a tri. A few pics below. Any input would be very much appreciated. BTW I love her to death superrrrr intellegant So worth the drive shes such a great dog already.
xotiffany is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-22-2015, 01:11 AM   #2 (permalink)

Here she is
Attached Images

Old 03-22-2015, 01:12 AM   #3 (permalink)

And one more
Attached Images

Old 03-22-2015, 02:36 AM   #4 (permalink)

BCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninja
BCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninja
Is her nose & mouth blue or liver? I can't quite tell, but she looks to be dilute liver with tan points (so that would be champagne, lilac, isabella, etc. with tan points). I'm not sure if that's exactly what the colour would be called, but that's the gist of it. I have dog with similar markings but in orange & white. His colour is called urajiro. Maybe someone else can give you the "official" name for hers.
BCdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 03:07 AM   #5 (permalink)
Bully Wrangler

1x Donated to  Shelter Drive 2x Dog of the Month
Carriana reputation ninjaCarriana reputation ninjaCarriana reputation ninjaCarriana reputation ninjaCarriana reputation ninjaCarriana reputation ninjaCarriana reputation ninjaCarriana reputation ninjaCarriana reputation ninjaCarriana reputation ninjaCarriana reputation ninjaCarriana reputation ninjaCarriana reputation ninjaCarriana reputation ninjaCarriana reputation ninja
Carriana reputation ninjaCarriana reputation ninjaCarriana reputation ninjaCarriana reputation ninjaCarriana reputation ninjaCarriana reputation ninjaCarriana reputation ninjaCarriana reputation ninjaCarriana reputation ninjaCarriana reputation ninjaCarriana reputation ninjaCarriana reputation ninjaCarriana reputation ninjaCarriana reputation ninjaCarriana reputation ninja
Tri color is the same gene as black and tan or liver and tan but with white. So no, not technically tri in the literal sense but as far as carrying the gene, this pup would be tri (ay-ay), just without the separate coding for white markings.
Old 03-22-2015, 03:26 AM   #6 (permalink)

I thought ay ay was dominant yellow? I thought hers was AT.. As i read AT is the gene that produces the tan points and Rottweiler markings?
Old 03-22-2015, 05:46 PM   #7 (permalink)
Bully Wrangler

1x Donated to  Shelter Drive 2x Dog of the Month
'At' is the top dominant on the agouti (a) allele. It produces sable/smut phenotype unless there is coding for dominant black on the K allele.

There is a great website that does a good job describing basic coat color genetics.

Dog Coat Colour Genetics
Old 03-23-2015, 11:25 PM   #8 (permalink)

Thanks. Its still all a bit confusing but I think I understand for the most part.
Old 03-24-2015, 02:36 PM   #9 (permalink)
Diggin' Deep

1x Dog of the Month
::::COACH:::: reputation ninja::::COACH:::: reputation ninja::::COACH:::: reputation ninja::::COACH:::: reputation ninja::::COACH:::: reputation ninja::::COACH:::: reputation ninja::::COACH:::: reputation ninja::::COACH:::: reputation ninja::::COACH:::: reputation ninja::::COACH:::: reputation ninja::::COACH:::: reputation ninja::::COACH:::: reputation ninja::::COACH:::: reputation ninja::::COACH:::: reputation ninja::::COACH:::: reputation ninja
::::COACH:::: reputation ninja::::COACH:::: reputation ninja::::COACH:::: reputation ninja::::COACH:::: reputation ninja::::COACH:::: reputation ninja::::COACH:::: reputation ninja::::COACH:::: reputation ninja::::COACH:::: reputation ninja::::COACH:::: reputation ninja::::COACH:::: reputation ninja::::COACH:::: reputation ninja::::COACH:::: reputation ninja::::COACH:::: reputation ninja::::COACH:::: reputation ninja::::COACH:::: reputation ninja
If she had white markings she would be a champagne or lilac tri....some breeders call it "purple tri" ......

"It's a nokalokapoopalotadoocanidragaleashalupus. It's a breed of mixed, strained money extorted
practically useless spin off of a once noble breed." --William Williamson
::::COACH:::: is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 11:40 PM   #10 (permalink)

Yeah that's why im so confused its almost like she was suppose to be a tri but something went wrong.. And the breeder had her advertised as a tri but as you said she doesnt have the 3rd color. So what im curious is to know is if she carries the Tri gene?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement