First time dog owner - Pitbulls : Go Pitbull Dog Forums

Go Back   Pitbulls : Go Pitbull Dog Forums > The Knowledgebase > Bullies 101

GopitBull.com is the premier Pitbull Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Forum Information
Forum Members:
Total Threads:

Forum Staff:
redog
YUNGSTER
ThaLadyPit
Rudy4747
ames
coach
Carriana
jttar
BCdogs
EckoMac

There are currently users online.

Advertisements

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2015, 05:47 PM   #1 (permalink)

Jbbrooks05 is an unknown quantity at this point
First time dog owner

My baby girl Lexi
Attached Images

Jbbrooks05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-11-2015, 05:49 PM   #2 (permalink)

Lexi is a great dog but of course she has her moments. I can't get Lexi to walk at my pace, she just wants to run! Any suggestions?
Old 08-11-2015, 06:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
Silver VIP Member

TeamCourter reputation ninjaTeamCourter reputation ninjaTeamCourter reputation ninjaTeamCourter reputation ninjaTeamCourter reputation ninjaTeamCourter reputation ninjaTeamCourter reputation ninjaTeamCourter reputation ninjaTeamCourter reputation ninjaTeamCourter reputation ninjaTeamCourter reputation ninjaTeamCourter reputation ninjaTeamCourter reputation ninjaTeamCourter reputation ninjaTeamCourter reputation ninja
TeamCourter reputation ninjaTeamCourter reputation ninjaTeamCourter reputation ninjaTeamCourter reputation ninjaTeamCourter reputation ninjaTeamCourter reputation ninjaTeamCourter reputation ninjaTeamCourter reputation ninjaTeamCourter reputation ninjaTeamCourter reputation ninjaTeamCourter reputation ninjaTeamCourter reputation ninjaTeamCourter reputation ninjaTeamCourter reputation ninjaTeamCourter reputation ninja
She needs more exercise. If she is tired out it will be easier to train her.
TeamCourter is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-12-2015, 02:20 AM   #4 (permalink)

1x Welder\'s walk to end alzheimers
jttar reputation ninjajttar reputation ninjajttar reputation ninjajttar reputation ninjajttar reputation ninjajttar reputation ninjajttar reputation ninjajttar reputation ninjajttar reputation ninjajttar reputation ninjajttar reputation ninjajttar reputation ninjajttar reputation ninjajttar reputation ninjajttar reputation ninja
jttar reputation ninjajttar reputation ninjajttar reputation ninjajttar reputation ninjajttar reputation ninjajttar reputation ninjajttar reputation ninjajttar reputation ninjajttar reputation ninjajttar reputation ninjajttar reputation ninjajttar reputation ninjajttar reputation ninjajttar reputation ninjajttar reputation ninja
Hello Jbbrooks05 and welcome to the forum.

Follow TeamCourters good advice, more exercise. Do you own a treadmill? Try 20 minutes or so on the treadmill before her walk.

Lexi is a great looking girl. Love her half black mask.

Joe
jttar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 11:44 PM   #5 (permalink)

Thank you both for the advice!
Old 11-04-2015, 06:37 PM   #6 (permalink)

Thank you for the information! I'm finally able to log on again and I look forward to more helpful input
Old 11-04-2015, 09:52 PM   #7 (permalink)

Hi bbrooks05, how is Lexi progressing? Has the pulling lessened when you are walking her?

Joe
Old 11-04-2015, 10:25 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jttar View Post
Hi bbrooks05, how is Lexi progressing? Has the pulling lessened when you are walking her?

Joe
Although I haven't been able to find a treadmill like recommended she has been a little better but still not great. She is still young and full of energy but I would definitely like her to be calmer! Especially when out in public. I would love to hear any other advice you may have!
Old 11-05-2015, 01:49 AM   #9 (permalink)

The larger dog in my avatar is my girl Athena. She is 18 months old and 58 lbs. She is a real high energy dog and one of those dogs that enjoys a good pull. Even after tiring her out she would still pull on walks to the point of I was concerned she was going to hurt her throat or I would trying to pull her back into place when correcting her.

As something else to try I bought a harness that was supposed to correct pulling and it did it's job. The D hook is located at the front of the dogs chest so it eliminates the concern of her throat. Although she still pulls at times (cant walk 3 feet without having a squirrel run in front of you this time of year) it is a whole lot easier to control her and much easier on my arm.

You can check the harness out
HERE HERE
. I bought the medium large and it is adjustable so she won't grow out of it.

Something to try that doesn't cost a fortune.

Joe
Old 11-05-2015, 01:43 PM   #10 (permalink)

Lexi once choked herself unconscious! Once that happened I bought her a harness to avoid hurting her throat but I've found it to just give her more levridge to pull lol. I'm considering a haulty now but haven't researched enough about them yet to know if it's a good fit for Lexi. Any thoughts or input as far as haulty's?
Old 11-06-2015, 10:11 PM   #11 (permalink)
Featured Member

leatherman-cowboy reputation ninjaleatherman-cowboy reputation ninjaleatherman-cowboy reputation ninjaleatherman-cowboy reputation ninjaleatherman-cowboy reputation ninjaleatherman-cowboy reputation ninjaleatherman-cowboy reputation ninjaleatherman-cowboy reputation ninjaleatherman-cowboy reputation ninjaleatherman-cowboy reputation ninjaleatherman-cowboy reputation ninjaleatherman-cowboy reputation ninjaleatherman-cowboy reputation ninjaleatherman-cowboy reputation ninjaleatherman-cowboy reputation ninja
leatherman-cowboy reputation ninjaleatherman-cowboy reputation ninjaleatherman-cowboy reputation ninjaleatherman-cowboy reputation ninjaleatherman-cowboy reputation ninjaleatherman-cowboy reputation ninjaleatherman-cowboy reputation ninjaleatherman-cowboy reputation ninjaleatherman-cowboy reputation ninjaleatherman-cowboy reputation ninjaleatherman-cowboy reputation ninjaleatherman-cowboy reputation ninjaleatherman-cowboy reputation ninjaleatherman-cowboy reputation ninjaleatherman-cowboy reputation ninja
Welcome to the forum.
Your lexi looks very nice and solid. A regular exercise schedule is a good way of her getting used to walks etc. She will get used to it, and slowly become much more behaved in public. The key to any program is consistency .

Thank you,

Henry
leatherman-cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 01:42 AM   #12 (permalink)

Kenaii reputation ninjaKenaii reputation ninjaKenaii reputation ninjaKenaii reputation ninjaKenaii reputation ninjaKenaii reputation ninjaKenaii reputation ninjaKenaii reputation ninjaKenaii reputation ninjaKenaii reputation ninjaKenaii reputation ninjaKenaii reputation ninjaKenaii reputation ninjaKenaii reputation ninjaKenaii reputation ninja
Kenaii reputation ninjaKenaii reputation ninjaKenaii reputation ninjaKenaii reputation ninjaKenaii reputation ninjaKenaii reputation ninjaKenaii reputation ninjaKenaii reputation ninjaKenaii reputation ninjaKenaii reputation ninjaKenaii reputation ninjaKenaii reputation ninjaKenaii reputation ninjaKenaii reputation ninjaKenaii reputation ninja
Good looking dog. She sure sounds like a handful. I'd definitely invest in a treadmill. If you have the space, a springpole might be a good idea too.

As far as collars and harnesses go, you could try something from Stillwater Supplies. They make collars and harnesses specifically for Bully breeds

"How many times have we heard the phrase 'I felt so Good I could lick the world!' Well, the American Pit Bull Terrier feels like that all the time!" - Richard F. Stratton
Kenaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement