Help with potty training - Pitbulls : Go Pitbull Dog Forums

Go Back   Pitbulls : Go Pitbull Dog Forums > The Knowledgebase > Bullies 101

GopitBull.com is the premier Pitbull Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Forum Information
Forum Members:
Total Threads:

Forum Staff:
redog
YUNGSTER
ThaLadyPit
Rudy4747
ames
coach
Carriana
jttar
BCdogs
EckoMac

There are currently users online.

Advertisements

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-13-2015, 07:36 PM   #1 (permalink)

JackieJax is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Help with potty training

I'm a first time pit owner, she is a 7-8 mo old pit bull terrier. I have an extra large kennel and got her an extra large bed and blanket to put in there. I leave it open and she can walk out to a small area where I have put potty pads out. She hasn't pooped in her kennel, but keeps peeing in there. Should I keep her strictly in the kennel? Take the bed and blanket out? Or just keep washing the dang thing? We have only had her 5 days.....
Thank you!!!
JackieJax is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2015, 08:05 PM   #2 (permalink)

BCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninja
BCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninja
Definitely stop using the pads ASAP. They only prolong house training by showing the dog that it's okay to go inside the house. So toss those.

If you can, get a divider for her crate. Only keep it large enough for her to comfortably stand and turn around. No extra room. Dogs do not want to soil their crates, but when you give them extra large ones, they will go in one spot and sleep in another, so the effect is lost.

So, no pads, smaller crate, and take her out frequently. Before and after everything. Praise like crazy when she goes outside, but never correct for going inside, just take her out. Be patient and consistent.
BCdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 12:07 AM   #3 (permalink)

1x Welder\'s walk to end alzheimers
jttar reputation ninjajttar reputation ninjajttar reputation ninjajttar reputation ninjajttar reputation ninjajttar reputation ninjajttar reputation ninjajttar reputation ninjajttar reputation ninjajttar reputation ninjajttar reputation ninjajttar reputation ninjajttar reputation ninjajttar reputation ninjajttar reputation ninja
jttar reputation ninjajttar reputation ninjajttar reputation ninjajttar reputation ninjajttar reputation ninjajttar reputation ninjajttar reputation ninjajttar reputation ninjajttar reputation ninjajttar reputation ninjajttar reputation ninjajttar reputation ninjajttar reputation ninjajttar reputation ninjajttar reputation ninja
Exactly, couldn't have said it better myself.

Joe
jttar is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-14-2015, 03:11 PM   #4 (permalink)

JackieJax is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up

Awesome! I'll get on it! Thank you so much!
JackieJax is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement