Are There Such A Thing As....... - Page 3 - Pitbulls : Go Pitbull Dog Forums

Go Back   Pitbulls : Go Pitbull Dog Forums > The Knowledgebase > Bullies 101

GopitBull.com is the premier Pitbull Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Forum Information
Forum Members:
Total Threads:

Forum Staff:
redog
YUNGSTER
pitbullmamanatl
ThaLadyPit
Firehazard
Odin's_BlueDragon
Rudy4747
angelbaby
ames
welder
coach
Carriana
Black Rabbit
~StangChick~
jttar

There are currently users online.

Advertisements

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2011, 07:48 PM   #31 (permalink)
English Dogge Yard

1x Dog of the Month
KMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninja
KMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninjaKMdogs reputation ninja
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonerreakinhavok View Post
i refuse to believe any coloring is "rare" genes happen and colorings get lost because its a weakness its nature never seen any blue cheatahs have you? i also think the rare is a term used to make a sales...
The term "rare" is always used as a marketing pitch though in some cases it does hold truth but generally not advertised as such.. For instance if someone has a "blue" game dog, you probably wont hear the term "rare" come out of that handlers mouth even though it is a "rarity" in that it occurs slim to none.. Reason depends on who you ask.. Some will say this dilute of black should not and has never existed in the APBT gene pool in purest of forms, others believe its not a proper color for a bulldog, others see it as just a genetic disaster regardless of breeding practices, the list can go on.. So for those that decide to keep one if it does pop up can be considered a gem in the rough.. Though highly controversial.. Though regardless of the belief and where one stands, it does not happen very often therefore can be considered "rare".. Sort of speak..

Anytime one sees "purple" and dog in the same sentence should run.. Not kidding over the summer saw someone advertising "Green-Gray bulldogs"...LOL mann.. sucker born every minute and bet them dogs were selling like hotcakes..

Ah well.. is what it is and thats why its important that you should bring upon yourself education prior to even looking into breeders to buy a pup if inexperienced in the breed(s) of choice.. Always will boil back down to the owners lack of knowledge as these BYB's and peddlers wouldn't survive off proper education and knowledge, they survive on the uneducated suckers.

"If think you can't, you're right. If think you can, you're right." - Hatton
KMdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2011, 07:50 PM   #32 (permalink)
English Dogge Yard

1x Dog of the Month
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribullpits View Post
there are loads of various tri colour pits.. they are from oldskool lines.. many colby and jeep lines had tri in them nothing from rotties..

lilac tri is not always a dilute from a blue tri either.
i have a litter of tris..
2 lilac tri's a.k.a. champagne tri
a very rare blue fawn tiger brindle also with tri markings
choc champagne tri
blue fawns

dam is a choc tri jeep and blackjack lines
sire is a blue fawn/champagne

other tri colour pitbulls are the black and tan,
chocolate and tan,
blue and tan,
champagne and tan a.k.a (lilac)
this lilac colour does look lilac aswell very pinky creamy like a pearl changes colour in different light.

Like i said.. No offense but if you believe that marketing scams you need to better yourself through education... Much of this is..

Old 11-20-2011, 08:31 PM   #33 (permalink)
K9 Pshrynk & Conciliare~

Firehazard reputation ninjaFirehazard reputation ninjaFirehazard reputation ninjaFirehazard reputation ninjaFirehazard reputation ninjaFirehazard reputation ninjaFirehazard reputation ninjaFirehazard reputation ninjaFirehazard reputation ninjaFirehazard reputation ninjaFirehazard reputation ninjaFirehazard reputation ninjaFirehazard reputation ninjaFirehazard reputation ninjaFirehazard reputation ninja
Firehazard reputation ninjaFirehazard reputation ninjaFirehazard reputation ninjaFirehazard reputation ninjaFirehazard reputation ninjaFirehazard reputation ninjaFirehazard reputation ninjaFirehazard reputation ninjaFirehazard reputation ninjaFirehazard reputation ninjaFirehazard reputation ninjaFirehazard reputation ninjaFirehazard reputation ninjaFirehazard reputation ninjaFirehazard reputation ninja
Truth be told the "purple" look was before the "blue" and was refered to as "blue" .. the first "blue" performance dogs I seen was a catch dog video some of you know it Those dogs looked purple... Refered to as a Seal variant ..

Purple dogs are going to come up out of all the color breeding there is going on and fad colors and names to colors pop up like yesterdays news..

For instance the Bellon dog that is supposed to be a "game" "blue" is down from black dogs and obviously there was a dominate red gene that wouldnt dilute rather it compremised the black and they come out all intertwined and depending on the more of one color .. black, white or red .. depends on the hue or color we get or we think we see..

Look at the dogs on a greater detail and you'll see they don't have purple hair .. they have some sort of salt and pepper seal coat with black(diluted or not) red, and white hairs all together.

IF there is a purple dog with purple hair and NOT intertwined primary dog colors red,black, and white (which variants provide the color scheme to the rest of the hair color diluted this and merged that).. WELL I would say thats breeding for the loss of pigment and something not good will surface.
Firehazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 08:49 PM   #34 (permalink)
English Dogge Yard

1x Dog of the Month
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firehazard View Post
Truth be told the "purple" look was before the "blue" and was refered to as "blue" .. the first "blue" performance dogs I seen was a catch dog video some of you know it Those dogs looked purple... Refered to as a Seal variant ..

Purple dogs are going to come up out of all the color breeding there is going on and fad colors and names to colors pop up like yesterdays news..

For instance the Bellon dog that is supposed to be a "game" "blue" is down from black dogs and obviously there was a dominate red gene that wouldnt dilute rather it compremised the black and they come out all intertwined and depending on the more of one color .. black, white or red .. depends on the hue or color we get or we think we see..

Look at the dogs on a greater detail and you'll see they don't have purple hair .. they have some sort of salt and pepper seal coat with black(diluted or not) red, and white hairs all together.

IF there is a purple dog with purple hair and NOT intertwined primary dog colors red,black, and white (which variants provide the color scheme to the rest of the hair color diluted this and merged that).. WELL I would say thats breeding for the loss of pigment and something not good will surface.
Good post bud though i will always stand its not a color for a bulldog, there were a few (do mean a few) game dogs in the past that we could consider now in days "blue" but only a handful. I've heard of some good catch dogs and some strong workers that were also considered blue, one of PK's hounds for instance.. Though for me too much can go wrong genetically and overall genetically tainted.. modern at least and by the boat loads. Some i see respect worthy as in the end the color of a dog shouldn't matter if that said dog can work but IMO theres a reason for the dilute to have stayed clear for so long in these dogs.. Then post 76' came and the 90's came with the explosion of "rares"..

Make no mistake, any advertising of rare is not worthy if you are considering a working class dog or a show worthy dog.. Too risky, might get lucky but odds are those owners are peddling off dogs left and right for the profit.. $3,000, $5,000, $20,000... "Rare purple pits" ya herd? I hear you loud and clear and it aint worth my time.

The only "rarity" are proper owners handling proper bulldogs, for every 500 (probably more) that claim to have an APBT theres 1 that actually does.. I'm sure larger..

Bullies are in, saving "Pit Bulls" are in.. All fads and all street credit in some form or another. All about them statements and nothing about those dogs.

Old 11-20-2011, 09:14 PM   #35 (permalink)
K9 Pshrynk & Conciliare~

... pretty much what I was saying but it'll take a person of a certain kinda sense to get what I was sprayin; say it in crayon! ..
Firehazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 09:52 PM   #36 (permalink)
English Dogge Yard

1x Dog of the Month
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firehazard View Post
... pretty much what I was saying but it'll take a person of a certain kinda sense to get what I was sprayin; say it in crayon! ..
if it aint in crayon some of those that lack wont get it..

Old 01-22-2013, 05:23 AM   #37 (permalink)

BXDOGMEN is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by apbtmom76 View Post

here is a pic of Diego - a blue trindle UKC CH

Do you know who owns Diego or what is his ped like. ?
BXDOGMEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 05:39 AM   #38 (permalink)

Armando reputation ninjaArmando reputation ninjaArmando reputation ninjaArmando reputation ninjaArmando reputation ninjaArmando reputation ninjaArmando reputation ninjaArmando reputation ninjaArmando reputation ninjaArmando reputation ninjaArmando reputation ninjaArmando reputation ninjaArmando reputation ninjaArmando reputation ninjaArmando reputation ninja
Armando reputation ninjaArmando reputation ninjaArmando reputation ninjaArmando reputation ninjaArmando reputation ninjaArmando reputation ninjaArmando reputation ninjaArmando reputation ninjaArmando reputation ninjaArmando reputation ninjaArmando reputation ninjaArmando reputation ninjaArmando reputation ninjaArmando reputation ninjaArmando reputation ninja
Are There Such A Thing As.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimee235 View Post

The people who own this dog call it a purple tri. I'm pretty sure it's just a double dilute. Both blue and red with tri markings.
I love this dog

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
Armando is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement