Structure and Faults - Page 2 - Pitbulls : Go Pitbull Dog Forums

Go Back   Pitbulls : Go Pitbull Dog Forums > The Knowledgebase > Bullies 101

GopitBull.com is the premier Pitbull Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Forum Information
Forum Members:
Total Threads:

Forum Staff:
redog
YUNGSTER
ThaLadyPit
Rudy4747
ames
coach
Carriana
jttar
BCdogs
EckoMac

There are currently users online.

Advertisements

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2011, 03:00 PM   #16 (permalink)

SemperFiBullies_Manny reputation ninjaSemperFiBullies_Manny reputation ninjaSemperFiBullies_Manny reputation ninjaSemperFiBullies_Manny reputation ninjaSemperFiBullies_Manny reputation ninjaSemperFiBullies_Manny reputation ninjaSemperFiBullies_Manny reputation ninjaSemperFiBullies_Manny reputation ninjaSemperFiBullies_Manny reputation ninjaSemperFiBullies_Manny reputation ninjaSemperFiBullies_Manny reputation ninjaSemperFiBullies_Manny reputation ninjaSemperFiBullies_Manny reputation ninjaSemperFiBullies_Manny reputation ninjaSemperFiBullies_Manny reputation ninja
SemperFiBullies_Manny reputation ninjaSemperFiBullies_Manny reputation ninjaSemperFiBullies_Manny reputation ninjaSemperFiBullies_Manny reputation ninjaSemperFiBullies_Manny reputation ninjaSemperFiBullies_Manny reputation ninjaSemperFiBullies_Manny reputation ninjaSemperFiBullies_Manny reputation ninjaSemperFiBullies_Manny reputation ninjaSemperFiBullies_Manny reputation ninjaSemperFiBullies_Manny reputation ninjaSemperFiBullies_Manny reputation ninjaSemperFiBullies_Manny reputation ninjaSemperFiBullies_Manny reputation ninjaSemperFiBullies_Manny reputation ninja
Send a message via Yahoo to SemperFiBullies_Manny
One thing we have to remember is not all dogs are show quality and just because a dog doesn't fit one registry's standard doesn't mean it will fit the other registry's standard.

Last edited by SemperFiBullies_Manny; 02-08-2011 at 04:57 PM.
SemperFiBullies_Manny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-08-2011, 05:52 PM   #17 (permalink)
GP's Dr. Phil

Mach0 reputation ninjaMach0 reputation ninjaMach0 reputation ninjaMach0 reputation ninjaMach0 reputation ninjaMach0 reputation ninjaMach0 reputation ninjaMach0 reputation ninjaMach0 reputation ninjaMach0 reputation ninjaMach0 reputation ninjaMach0 reputation ninjaMach0 reputation ninjaMach0 reputation ninjaMach0 reputation ninja
Mach0 reputation ninjaMach0 reputation ninjaMach0 reputation ninjaMach0 reputation ninjaMach0 reputation ninjaMach0 reputation ninjaMach0 reputation ninjaMach0 reputation ninjaMach0 reputation ninjaMach0 reputation ninjaMach0 reputation ninjaMach0 reputation ninjaMach0 reputation ninjaMach0 reputation ninjaMach0 reputation ninja
I'm assuming you meant won't fit another standard. If that's the case- point well made.
Mach0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 01:33 AM   #18 (permalink)
Bitch Noone Wanted

4x Dog of the Month
apbtmom76 reputation ninjaapbtmom76 reputation ninjaapbtmom76 reputation ninjaapbtmom76 reputation ninjaapbtmom76 reputation ninjaapbtmom76 reputation ninjaapbtmom76 reputation ninjaapbtmom76 reputation ninjaapbtmom76 reputation ninjaapbtmom76 reputation ninjaapbtmom76 reputation ninjaapbtmom76 reputation ninjaapbtmom76 reputation ninjaapbtmom76 reputation ninjaapbtmom76 reputation ninja
apbtmom76 reputation ninjaapbtmom76 reputation ninjaapbtmom76 reputation ninjaapbtmom76 reputation ninjaapbtmom76 reputation ninjaapbtmom76 reputation ninjaapbtmom76 reputation ninjaapbtmom76 reputation ninjaapbtmom76 reputation ninjaapbtmom76 reputation ninjaapbtmom76 reputation ninjaapbtmom76 reputation ninjaapbtmom76 reputation ninjaapbtmom76 reputation ninjaapbtmom76 reputation ninja
Send a message via Yahoo to apbtmom76
ok so my niece was wondering how you think Gage would do at the ABKC show, we have gotten many opinions, but my niece saw that you were here, lol, yes she has been doing her homework, she wanted your input on Gage

Old 02-13-2011, 02:10 PM   #19 (permalink)
Bitch Noone Wanted

4x Dog of the Month
Quote:
Originally Posted by apbtmom76 View Post
alright here ya go Devin, my niece wants to show her blue bully boy Gage in a few weekends at the ABKC show here in Austin, it will be her first show, ok so these pics might be bad but it was the first time we had ever stacked him, maybe the second, lol

front view -

side view -

rear view -

natural stack -

ok so I know he is a bit cow-hocked, I also know that it can be fixed, well he can be stacked right to make that go away, it does not show up when he is in movement though. I wanna say he is about 9 mo. old.

And thank you for answermng my questions I appreciate that, I know the Bully was meant to be a companion dog, but I still think even bullies should be in shape on not fat or overweight, I see it alot, makes me feel bad for those, any dog for that fact that is overweight. I do like that red and white bitch you posted eartlier, I am really liking the classic bully style
Quote:
ok so my niece was wondering how you think Gage would do at the ABKC show, we have gotten many opinions, but my niece saw that you were here, lol, yes she has been doing her homework, she wanted your input on Gage

May my niece and I please get some feedback on Gage, she wants to show him next week at the show here in Austin and she is a bit disappointed that noone has answered, she just won't say anything, lol. She is super excited about it and really wants to show him, some tips or pointers would be nice as well, thanks
Old 02-14-2011, 12:50 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
May my niece and I please get some feedback on Gage, she wants to show him next week at the show here in Austin and she is a bit disappointed that noone has answered, she just won't say anything, lol. She is super excited about it and really wants to show him, some tips or pointers would be nice as well, thanks
I'm not an ABKC judge and by no means do I consider myself an expert on structure but I do believe I'm a more knowledgeable than your average bully owner so please don't take my opinion negatively.

First off, one thing that is very important to remember is "breed type"; your dog has to look like an American Bully. Lacking breed type is something I believe judges are definitely looking for in the ring and that is why you will have dogs that are structurally better but not place over dogs who have "breed type" but maybe have some minor faults.

So looking at the pictures of your dog and comparing them to the Classic standard, my first impression would be that he lacks breed type. The ABKC states "the American Bully should give the impression of great strength for its size"; in my opinion your dog does not exude strength.

Structurally:
Head - lacks pronounced cheeks, distinct stop; narrow muzzle

Body - overall body lacks substance; could have better rear and shoulder angulation; narrow chest

ABKC CH. SEMPER FI'S PVT OPHA MAE
ABKC CH. PRATT'S OOH-RAH OF SEMPER FI

"Marine Corps integrity is doing that thing which is right, when no one is looking" - Col. Colin Lampard, USMC

Last edited by SemperFiBullies_Manny; 02-14-2011 at 12:53 AM.
Old 02-14-2011, 01:21 PM   #21 (permalink)
Bitch Noone Wanted

4x Dog of the Month
Thanks Manny, so even though he has a classic bully look and is only about 9 months old you still think this, I just don't understand, no actually I do, thank you Manny.
Old 02-14-2011, 03:34 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Thanks Manny, so even though he has a classic bully look and is only about 9 months old you still think this, I just don't understand, no actually I do, thank you Manny.
Aimee, I based my comments on experience and my interpretation of the written standard. Even though he is only 9 months old and will mature I still think he will lack breed type.

Also remember that variety classes do not begin until a dog is a year old, so if your dog were to compete in a show at 9 months he would be competing in the Standard Male 9-12, one of the larger and tougher classes. I'm not trying to be rude or disrespectful but he would not stand out in that class. My suggestion to you would be after the dog turns a year go to an ABKC show and have him evaluated by an ABKC judge.

ABKC CH. SEMPER FI'S PVT OPHA MAE
ABKC CH. PRATT'S OOH-RAH OF SEMPER FI

"Marine Corps integrity is doing that thing which is right, when no one is looking" - Col. Colin Lampard, USMC
Old 02-14-2011, 03:40 PM   #23 (permalink)
Bitch Noone Wanted

4x Dog of the Month
lol Manny, my name is Tye and thanks for the input, i do appreciate it, my niece may not be so happy to hear this though, lol. Gotta love gettin a dog from a BYB. They love him though and that is what matters. I will still let her go and take him as well, let her get some expierence, she will just have to show game dogs til I get a bully
Old 02-14-2011, 06:51 PM   #24 (permalink)
Bitch Noone Wanted

4x Dog of the Month
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudMouf View Post
I would have to concur with Manny's evaluation of the your beautiful girl! I also want to commend Manny on his suggestions of other activities to perform with their dog, because just because a dog is not cut out for a show career does not mean there are not other great activities for the dog. Another one he didn't mention, depend on the dog's temperment, is going to therapy dog service.

Sadie brought up a very interesting dilemma in your post:

Their pedigree ARE APBTs. Without getting back into everyone's "personal opinion" of what an APBT, the UKC still recognizes these dogs as APBTs because there are not other breeders mixed it. (Remember the AmStaff was considered an APBT to the UKC at the time) This is the reason why I say not all Razors Edge dogs are American Bullies, because in the process of trying to produce conformational quality American Bullies, some of the by product have been very successful UKC show APBTs. But like Manny said, not all dogs are show dogs either, and have conformational faults or disqualifing faults that limit their ability to show.

Thanks Devin, Gage is awesome and super sweet, we shall see what happens but with no papers it really was just for fun and I can only do so much with my niece nad her bully as it is not my dog, but I do have dogs she can do stuff with, as well I will throw a fun show for all bully breeds, she knows he's a winner, and bullies and game dogs alike are not all show quality, I had a therapy dog APBT, and plan on many things with my mutt Orion this summer as well. I appreciate y'all's time, will tell my niece to have a look at this
Old 03-13-2011, 12:39 AM   #25 (permalink)

B-TownBullyz reputation ninjaB-TownBullyz reputation ninjaB-TownBullyz reputation ninjaB-TownBullyz reputation ninjaB-TownBullyz reputation ninjaB-TownBullyz reputation ninjaB-TownBullyz reputation ninjaB-TownBullyz reputation ninja
B-TownBullyz reputation ninjaB-TownBullyz reputation ninjaB-TownBullyz reputation ninjaB-TownBullyz reputation ninjaB-TownBullyz reputation ninjaB-TownBullyz reputation ninjaB-TownBullyz reputation ninjaB-TownBullyz reputation ninjaB-TownBullyz reputation ninjaB-TownBullyz reputation ninjaB-TownBullyz reputation ninjaB-TownBullyz reputation ninjaB-TownBullyz reputation ninja
Here is my boy I would love to c wut u guys think.... C if it matches the flaws I c. Thanks

and my pup

B-TownBullyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 12:30 AM   #26 (permalink)
JR MEMBER

SouthernMystery reputation ninjaSouthernMystery reputation ninjaSouthernMystery reputation ninjaSouthernMystery reputation ninjaSouthernMystery reputation ninjaSouthernMystery reputation ninjaSouthernMystery reputation ninjaSouthernMystery reputation ninjaSouthernMystery reputation ninjaSouthernMystery reputation ninjaSouthernMystery reputation ninjaSouthernMystery reputation ninjaSouthernMystery reputation ninjaSouthernMystery reputation ninjaSouthernMystery reputation ninja
SouthernMystery reputation ninjaSouthernMystery reputation ninjaSouthernMystery reputation ninjaSouthernMystery reputation ninjaSouthernMystery reputation ninjaSouthernMystery reputation ninjaSouthernMystery reputation ninjaSouthernMystery reputation ninjaSouthernMystery reputation ninjaSouthernMystery reputation ninjaSouthernMystery reputation ninjaSouthernMystery reputation ninjaSouthernMystery reputation ninjaSouthernMystery reputation ninjaSouthernMystery reputation ninja
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernMystery View Post
SAbrina

okay i edited my pics
SouthernMystery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 09:03 PM   #27 (permalink)
OCD Bullyologist

3x Dog of the Month
pitbullmamanatl reputation ninjapitbullmamanatl reputation ninjapitbullmamanatl reputation ninjapitbullmamanatl reputation ninjapitbullmamanatl reputation ninjapitbullmamanatl reputation ninjapitbullmamanatl reputation ninjapitbullmamanatl reputation ninjapitbullmamanatl reputation ninjapitbullmamanatl reputation ninjapitbullmamanatl reputation ninjapitbullmamanatl reputation ninjapitbullmamanatl reputation ninjapitbullmamanatl reputation ninjapitbullmamanatl reputation ninja
pitbullmamanatl reputation ninjapitbullmamanatl reputation ninjapitbullmamanatl reputation ninjapitbullmamanatl reputation ninjapitbullmamanatl reputation ninjapitbullmamanatl reputation ninjapitbullmamanatl reputation ninjapitbullmamanatl reputation ninjapitbullmamanatl reputation ninjapitbullmamanatl reputation ninjapitbullmamanatl reputation ninjapitbullmamanatl reputation ninjapitbullmamanatl reputation ninjapitbullmamanatl reputation ninjapitbullmamanatl reputation ninja
Send a message via Yahoo to pitbullmamanatl Send a message via Skype™ to pitbullmamanatl
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-TownBullyz View Post
Here is my boy I would love to c wut u guys think.... C if it matches the flaws I c. Thanks

and my pup

Just a reminder I've never put my hands on either of these dogs and I am only going by the pictures posted

Luciano has a nice backline, nice length of neck, his angles look good, and he has a nice front. He has nice hocks, pasterns, and I love his tight feet. He does look as though he has an overbite and his rear looks a little weak. Overall, he is a very nice dog!

Fuego is a gorgeous boy and I looove his color. It is hard to tell from that one picture but he looks like he may have an overbite, he looks slightly turned out in the front and his pasterns look weak. It is hard to tell from that one picture though since he is in the grass. He has great facial structure and I'd love to see a side shot of him!! His head to body looks unbalanced though and he lacks forechest, but you said he is a puppy right? He should fill out.

*If you can't take the heat don't annoy the dragon*
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d1...ps8b2f8c1f.jpg
pitbullmamanatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 02:43 AM   #28 (permalink)
OCD Bullyologist

3x Dog of the Month
Send a message via Yahoo to pitbullmamanatl Send a message via Skype™ to pitbullmamanatl
Quote:
no one can judge my dog?
Working on it sweetie. Is there any other stacked shots you have of her not in the snow and possibly a little closer.

*If you can't take the heat don't annoy the dragon*
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d1...ps8b2f8c1f.jpg
pitbullmamanatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 03:03 AM   #29 (permalink)
The Yard Of Many Colors

1x Dog of the Month
circlemkennels reputation ninjacirclemkennels reputation ninjacirclemkennels reputation ninjacirclemkennels reputation ninjacirclemkennels reputation ninjacirclemkennels reputation ninjacirclemkennels reputation ninjacirclemkennels reputation ninjacirclemkennels reputation ninjacirclemkennels reputation ninjacirclemkennels reputation ninjacirclemkennels reputation ninjacirclemkennels reputation ninjacirclemkennels reputation ninjacirclemkennels reputation ninja
circlemkennels reputation ninjacirclemkennels reputation ninjacirclemkennels reputation ninjacirclemkennels reputation ninjacirclemkennels reputation ninjacirclemkennels reputation ninjacirclemkennels reputation ninjacirclemkennels reputation ninjacirclemkennels reputation ninjacirclemkennels reputation ninjacirclemkennels reputation ninjacirclemkennels reputation ninjacirclemkennels reputation ninjacirclemkennels reputation ninjacirclemkennels reputation ninja
Send a message via Yahoo to circlemkennels
Im practicing with Pheonix.. i know hes not an adba style dog but possibly ukc if i can get him straightened out.. what do you guys think?? i dont mind critzism so go ahead

his legs are out too far in this one

Home to Star II Maynard's "Ace Tater", UWP/AWP Falin's "CH California Girl", Star II MGK's "Ace"Princess Akasha", Falin's "CH/Ace Princess Tutu" & UWPCH/AWP/STAR I Falin's "Ace/Ace II" Bam-Bam's Teardrop" #1 in 2009, #10 in 2010{Ace class} & #2 in 2011{Ace class} for ADBA weightpull
http://circlemkennelsapbt.webs.com/
circlemkennels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 03:03 AM   #30 (permalink)
JR MEMBER

Quote:
I know she isn't really bully, but she is somewhat. I know she is the UKC style of dog, but i'm curious how she'd do in the classic class and if she fits the standard.
SAbrina

i have somemore pictures, but they are uploading still.
Oh I know she does have somewhat of a snippy snout, is that all?

last two arent the best pictures.
SouthernMystery is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement