Structure and Faults - Page 3 - Pitbulls : Go Pitbull Dog Forums

Go Back   Pitbulls : Go Pitbull Dog Forums > The Knowledgebase > Bullies 101

GopitBull.com is the premier Pitbull Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Forum Information
Forum Members:
Total Threads:

Forum Staff:
redog
YUNGSTER
ThaLadyPit
Rudy4747
ames
coach
Carriana
jttar
BCdogs
EckoMac

There are currently users online.

Advertisements

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2011, 03:19 AM   #31 (permalink)
OCD Bullyologist

3x Dog of the Month
pitbullmamanatl reputation ninjapitbullmamanatl reputation ninjapitbullmamanatl reputation ninjapitbullmamanatl reputation ninjapitbullmamanatl reputation ninjapitbullmamanatl reputation ninjapitbullmamanatl reputation ninjapitbullmamanatl reputation ninjapitbullmamanatl reputation ninjapitbullmamanatl reputation ninjapitbullmamanatl reputation ninjapitbullmamanatl reputation ninjapitbullmamanatl reputation ninjapitbullmamanatl reputation ninjapitbullmamanatl reputation ninja
pitbullmamanatl reputation ninjapitbullmamanatl reputation ninjapitbullmamanatl reputation ninjapitbullmamanatl reputation ninjapitbullmamanatl reputation ninjapitbullmamanatl reputation ninjapitbullmamanatl reputation ninjapitbullmamanatl reputation ninjapitbullmamanatl reputation ninjapitbullmamanatl reputation ninjapitbullmamanatl reputation ninjapitbullmamanatl reputation ninjapitbullmamanatl reputation ninjapitbullmamanatl reputation ninjapitbullmamanatl reputation ninja
Send a message via Yahoo to pitbullmamanatl Send a message via Skype™ to pitbullmamanatl
Quote:
Originally Posted by circlemkennels View Post
Im practicing with Pheonix.. i know hes not an adba style dog but possibly ukc if i can get him straightened out.. what do you guys think?? i dont mind critzism so go ahead

his legs are out too far in this one

He is a gorgeous dog!!! Those pics are kind of small and hard to see though; additionally, you should probably post him in the structures and faults thread in the general forum that Lisa evaluates because this thread is for ABKC standard not UKC.

*If you can't take the heat don't annoy the dragon*
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d1...ps8b2f8c1f.jpg
pitbullmamanatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2011, 03:25 AM   #32 (permalink)
JR MEMBER

SouthernMystery reputation ninjaSouthernMystery reputation ninjaSouthernMystery reputation ninjaSouthernMystery reputation ninjaSouthernMystery reputation ninjaSouthernMystery reputation ninjaSouthernMystery reputation ninjaSouthernMystery reputation ninjaSouthernMystery reputation ninjaSouthernMystery reputation ninjaSouthernMystery reputation ninjaSouthernMystery reputation ninjaSouthernMystery reputation ninjaSouthernMystery reputation ninjaSouthernMystery reputation ninja
SouthernMystery reputation ninjaSouthernMystery reputation ninjaSouthernMystery reputation ninjaSouthernMystery reputation ninjaSouthernMystery reputation ninjaSouthernMystery reputation ninjaSouthernMystery reputation ninjaSouthernMystery reputation ninjaSouthernMystery reputation ninjaSouthernMystery reputation ninjaSouthernMystery reputation ninjaSouthernMystery reputation ninjaSouthernMystery reputation ninjaSouthernMystery reputation ninjaSouthernMystery reputation ninja
blah nevermind.
SouthernMystery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 03:49 AM   #33 (permalink)
OCD Bullyologist

3x Dog of the Month
Send a message via Yahoo to pitbullmamanatl Send a message via Skype™ to pitbullmamanatl
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernMystery View Post
okay i edited my pics

i have somemore pictures, but they are uploading still.
Oh I know she does have somewhat of a snippy snout, is that all?

OK Sabrina is a very beautiful girl! Love her top line and neck and from what I can tell she has nice, tight feet (I am big on tight feet lol). That being said, per ABKC standard I think she lacks breed type for a bully and I am not sure how well she would do in he Classic Class. Classic style dogs still have a "bully" look to them. If you take a look at Semper Fi's CH Opha you will see what I am talking about with the bullier traits.

You can always see how she does in Classic Class though girl!! You never know!!

Last edited by pitbullmamanatl; 04-03-2011 at 03:44 PM.

Old 03-26-2011, 05:55 AM   #34 (permalink)

3x Dog of the Month
Sadie reputation ninjaSadie reputation ninjaSadie reputation ninjaSadie reputation ninjaSadie reputation ninjaSadie reputation ninjaSadie reputation ninjaSadie reputation ninjaSadie reputation ninjaSadie reputation ninjaSadie reputation ninjaSadie reputation ninjaSadie reputation ninjaSadie reputation ninjaSadie reputation ninja
Sadie reputation ninjaSadie reputation ninjaSadie reputation ninjaSadie reputation ninjaSadie reputation ninjaSadie reputation ninjaSadie reputation ninjaSadie reputation ninjaSadie reputation ninjaSadie reputation ninjaSadie reputation ninjaSadie reputation ninjaSadie reputation ninjaSadie reputation ninjaSadie reputation ninja
I agree Lauren, Sabrina is carrying more of a staffy build I am not sure how your dog is bred but I don't really see the bullier traits that the AKBC dogs possess. But like Lauren said it doesn't hurt to hit a few shows I would try the UKC as well just to see how you do with the judges. Also it's really hard to see the dog's structure in these photos .. have you worked on stacking yet? That is something you will need to work on especially if you go the UKC route. Not sure how important it is in ABKC but I am sure the judges want to see your dog stacked as well. If you can get some close up side shots, front, and back it would make it a lot easier for the bully conformation members here to size up your dog. My pup is not a bully but this is just an example of a good picture where you can really see the dog from the side and front. I used these in the conformation section in the general part of the forum for Lisa to judge Bogart. I of course manipulated his stack myself because we are still working on stacking but you can get the idea... it would be a lot easier to see your dogs faults with a picture of the dog stacking and one from the front and rear if you can take some more shots.

Last edited by Sadie; 03-26-2011 at 06:13 AM. Reason: Resizing Photo's
Sadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 06:04 AM   #35 (permalink)
OCD Bullyologist

3x Dog of the Month
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadie View Post
I agree Lauren, Sabrina is carrying more of a staffy build I am not sure how your dog is bred but I don't really see the bullier traits that the AKBC dogs possess. But like Lauren said it doesn't hurt to hit a few shows I would try the UKC as well just to see how you do with the judges. Also it's really hard to see the dog's structure in these photos .. have you worked on stacking yet? That is something you will need to work on especially if you go the UKC route. Not sure how important it is in ABKC but I am sure the judges want to see your dog stacked as well. If you can get some close up side shots, front, and back it would make it a lot easier for the bully conformation members here to size up your dog. My pup is not a bully but this is just an example of a good picture where you can really see the dog from the side and front. I used these in the conformation section in the general part of the forum for Lisa to judge Bogart. I of course manipulated his stack myself because we are still working on stacking but you can get the idea... it would be a lot easier to see your dogs faults with a picture of the dog stacking and one from the front and rear if you can take some more shots.

Thank you, Sadie! Great stack shot examples as the front and side are easily seen. Taylor, there is a stacking thread in this section you can check out to help you with stacking. Stacking is a major part of the ABKC as well.

Last edited by pitbullmamanatl; 03-26-2011 at 06:17 AM. Reason: Resizing Sadie's HUUUGE pic lol
Old 03-28-2011, 04:08 AM   #36 (permalink)
JR MEMBER

Okay, that killed my dreams, but thanks.
SouthernMystery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 04:37 PM   #37 (permalink)
yea, i'm that guy

6x Dog of the Month
cEElint reputation ninjacEElint reputation ninjacEElint reputation ninjacEElint reputation ninjacEElint reputation ninjacEElint reputation ninjacEElint reputation ninjacEElint reputation ninjacEElint reputation ninjacEElint reputation ninjacEElint reputation ninjacEElint reputation ninjacEElint reputation ninjacEElint reputation ninjacEElint reputation ninja
cEElint reputation ninjacEElint reputation ninjacEElint reputation ninjacEElint reputation ninjacEElint reputation ninjacEElint reputation ninjacEElint reputation ninjacEElint reputation ninjacEElint reputation ninjacEElint reputation ninjacEElint reputation ninjacEElint reputation ninjacEElint reputation ninjacEElint reputation ninjacEElint reputation ninja
Diesel @ 8 months.. crappy phone pics.. will try and get better ones

back up top... got a new/better pic of Diesel

Last edited by pitbullmamanatl; 04-12-2011 at 06:07 AM.
cEElint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 06:06 AM   #38 (permalink)
Pits Are For Chicks

9x Dog of the Month 1x Bitch in a box!
American_Pit13 reputation ninjaAmerican_Pit13 reputation ninjaAmerican_Pit13 reputation ninjaAmerican_Pit13 reputation ninjaAmerican_Pit13 reputation ninjaAmerican_Pit13 reputation ninjaAmerican_Pit13 reputation ninjaAmerican_Pit13 reputation ninjaAmerican_Pit13 reputation ninjaAmerican_Pit13 reputation ninjaAmerican_Pit13 reputation ninjaAmerican_Pit13 reputation ninjaAmerican_Pit13 reputation ninjaAmerican_Pit13 reputation ninjaAmerican_Pit13 reputation ninja
American_Pit13 reputation ninjaAmerican_Pit13 reputation ninjaAmerican_Pit13 reputation ninjaAmerican_Pit13 reputation ninjaAmerican_Pit13 reputation ninjaAmerican_Pit13 reputation ninjaAmerican_Pit13 reputation ninjaAmerican_Pit13 reputation ninjaAmerican_Pit13 reputation ninjaAmerican_Pit13 reputation ninjaAmerican_Pit13 reputation ninjaAmerican_Pit13 reputation ninjaAmerican_Pit13 reputation ninjaAmerican_Pit13 reputation ninjaAmerican_Pit13 reputation ninja
I didn't know we had this thread! I know she is not "stacked" She mentally can not stack lol

My American Bully Slim Slim is a pet only.
Viewing Pedigree Details for PITTS BLUE FIRE - Bully Breed Resource

The Queen
Holly Kruger | Facebook

God creates dinosaurs. God destroys dinosaurs. God creates man. Man destroys God. Man creates dinosaurs...
Dinosaurs eat man....... Woman inherits the earth.

"Never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"

Last edited by American_Pit13; 04-16-2011 at 06:15 AM.
American_Pit13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 08:42 PM   #39 (permalink)
OCD Bullyologist

3x Dog of the Month
Quote:
Originally Posted by American_Pit13 View Post
I didn't know we had this thread! I know she is not "stacked" She mentally can not stack lol

My American Bully Slim Slim is a pet only.
Viewing Pedigree Details for PITTS BLUE FIRE - Bully Breed Resource

Slim is a gorgeous pet, Hols, and I love her muscle tone. She is a perfect example of a poor front assembly though. Obvious faults are E/W, down pasterns, elbows tied in, and hind legs too widespread; lacks chest depth. She has great cheek structure, but her head isn't very bully. Lacks the bone and substance a bully should have. You have done a great job conditioning her, Holly.

Old 05-03-2011, 05:18 PM   #40 (permalink)
Forum Manager

Nizmo reputation ninjaNizmo reputation ninjaNizmo reputation ninjaNizmo reputation ninjaNizmo reputation ninjaNizmo reputation ninjaNizmo reputation ninjaNizmo reputation ninjaNizmo reputation ninjaNizmo reputation ninjaNizmo reputation ninjaNizmo reputation ninjaNizmo reputation ninjaNizmo reputation ninjaNizmo reputation ninja
Nizmo reputation ninjaNizmo reputation ninjaNizmo reputation ninjaNizmo reputation ninjaNizmo reputation ninjaNizmo reputation ninjaNizmo reputation ninjaNizmo reputation ninjaNizmo reputation ninjaNizmo reputation ninjaNizmo reputation ninjaNizmo reputation ninjaNizmo reputation ninjaNizmo reputation ninjaNizmo reputation ninja
well since i am new to the bully game, and the show game. and we have a couple shows coming up, i'd like to get some advice and feed back on lowla. we'll be showing her in the abkc and ukc. any advice on her stacking, input on her structure?
anything helps, i just want to know as much as i can and in all honesty im nervous to show her. how do you guys think she'll do?
Lowla @ 2.5 months weighing in at 11 #'s

"LIKE" us on FB
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...91953884164601
-Love what you do, and you'll never work another day in your life-
Nizmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 05:20 PM   #41 (permalink)
Banned
(Reason)

davidfitness83 reputation ninjadavidfitness83 reputation ninjadavidfitness83 reputation ninjadavidfitness83 reputation ninjadavidfitness83 reputation ninjadavidfitness83 reputation ninjadavidfitness83 reputation ninjadavidfitness83 reputation ninjadavidfitness83 reputation ninjadavidfitness83 reputation ninjadavidfitness83 reputation ninjadavidfitness83 reputation ninjadavidfitness83 reputation ninjadavidfitness83 reputation ninjadavidfitness83 reputation ninja
davidfitness83 reputation ninjadavidfitness83 reputation ninjadavidfitness83 reputation ninjadavidfitness83 reputation ninjadavidfitness83 reputation ninjadavidfitness83 reputation ninjadavidfitness83 reputation ninjadavidfitness83 reputation ninjadavidfitness83 reputation ninjadavidfitness83 reputation ninjadavidfitness83 reputation ninjadavidfitness83 reputation ninjadavidfitness83 reputation ninjadavidfitness83 reputation ninjadavidfitness83 reputation ninja
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nizmo View Post
well since i am new to the bully game, and the show game. and we have a couple shows coming up, i'd like to get some advice and feed back on lowla. we'll be showing her in the abkc and ukc. any advice on her stacking, input on her structure?
anything helps, i just want to know as much as i can and in all honesty im nervous to show her. how do you guys think she'll do?
Lowla @ 2.5 months weighing in at 11 #'s
I think she will look good in the UKC, I don't know about the ABKC maybe in the classic class but it's too early too tell. She doesn't have the Bullier features that Bullies posses right now. Then again Bernie looked like a greyhound when he was a puppy and he popped lol Give it time man, I would try the UKC first and see how it goes. Do you have any shots from the front?
davidfitness83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 05:27 PM   #42 (permalink)
Forum Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfitness83 View Post
I think she will look good in the UKC, I don't know about the ABKC maybe in the classic class but it's too early too tell. She doesn't have the Bullier features that Bullies posses right now. Then again Bernie looked like a greyhound when he was a puppy and he popped lol Give it time man, I would try the UKC first and see how it goes. Do you have any shots from the front?
yeah she's not looking too bully right now. im told that around 4 months is when this group starts to look more bully, i can notice her growth day by day. its cool to see her filling out more each day. Sativa didnt fill out til about 4-5 months and then she was a real looker. i miss that bitch like no other.
let me see if i can find some front shots, i just uploaded a few pictures.
thanks for the input!!!
edit: no front shots, i'll get some up here in a lil bit when i have someone to take a picture :P

"LIKE" us on FB

Last edited by Nizmo; 05-03-2011 at 05:31 PM.
Old 05-03-2011, 05:33 PM   #43 (permalink)
Banned
(Reason)

Quote:
yeah she's not looking too bully right now. im told that around 4 months is when this group starts to look more bully, i can notice her growth day by day. its cool to see her filling out more each day. Sativa didnt fill out til about 4-5 months and then she was a real looker. i miss that bitch like no other.
let me see if i can find some front shots, i just uploaded a few pictures.
thanks for the input!!!
Dogs develop at their own pace, I actually heard the opossite about American Bullies going through a lanky stage from like 3 - (8-9) months of age. The younger the Bully the thicker the look from what I have seen, that's why some people get pissed off that their dog didnt turn out like the way they did when they were tiny chubby cubs lol
Old 05-03-2011, 05:37 PM   #44 (permalink)
Forum Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfitness83 View Post
Dogs develop at their own pace, I actually heard the opossite about American Bullies going through a lanky stage from like 3 - (8-9) months of age. The younger the Bully the thicker the look from what I have seen, that's why some people get pissed off that their dog didnt turn out like the way they did when they were tiny chubby cubs lol
sativa went through lengthy stages and real chubby stages from month to month. i've noticed quite a bit also that they are real bully looking when they're young, tho she doesnt quite have that real bully look yet. i still have faith that she'll fill out nice. so we'll see

"LIKE" us on FB
Old 05-03-2011, 05:46 PM   #45 (permalink)
Banned
(Reason)

Quote:
sativa went through lengthy stages and real chubby stages from month to month. i've noticed quite a bit also that they are real bully looking when they're young, tho she doesnt quite have that real bully look yet. i still have faith that she'll fill out nice. so we'll see
As long as the girl is healthy and sound that is all that matters
Sponsored Links
Advertisement