Thinking of registering my pup wit abkc - Pitbulls : Go Pitbull Dog Forums

Go Back   Pitbulls : Go Pitbull Dog Forums > The Knowledgebase > Bullies 101

GopitBull.com is the premier Pitbull Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Forum Information
Forum Members:
Total Threads:

Forum Staff:
redog
YUNGSTER
pitbullmamanatl
ThaLadyPit
Firehazard
Odin's_BlueDragon
Rudy4747
angelbaby
ames
welder
coach
Carriana
Black Rabbit
~StangChick~
jttar

There are currently users online.

Advertisements

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2013, 05:04 AM   #1 (permalink)

GottilineOtto is an unknown quantity at this point
Thinking of registering my pup wit abkc

So I got my pup for Christmas from my girlfriend now I know he has bully blood in him but I'm no pro at reading or researching pedigrees he is ukc registered purple ribbon I looked up some of the dogs on his pedigree on google nd they're pretty known bullies out there but I'm hoping you guys can tell me what he really is or how to find out thanks in advance for the help I know newbies get pushed around a lot but I have always had and been around pits of different kinds like the original muscular fighting pits to bullies I'm more into bullies although I'm new to owning and actual bully if that makes sense. Here are some pics of my puppy.

When I picked him up.
Name:  ImageUploadedByPG Free1359352295.305138.jpg
Views: 1382
Size:  22.6 KB

Name:  ImageUploadedByPG Free1359352945.442483.jpg
Views: 1474
Size:  30.4 KB

Built him a dog house (not finished tho)
Name:  ImageUploadedByPG Free1359353007.320168.jpg
Views: 1288
Size:  28.6 KB

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
GottilineOtto is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2013, 05:30 AM   #2 (permalink)
OCD Bullyologist

3x Dog of the Month
pitbullmamanatl reputation ninjapitbullmamanatl reputation ninjapitbullmamanatl reputation ninjapitbullmamanatl reputation ninjapitbullmamanatl reputation ninjapitbullmamanatl reputation ninjapitbullmamanatl reputation ninjapitbullmamanatl reputation ninjapitbullmamanatl reputation ninjapitbullmamanatl reputation ninjapitbullmamanatl reputation ninjapitbullmamanatl reputation ninjapitbullmamanatl reputation ninjapitbullmamanatl reputation ninjapitbullmamanatl reputation ninja
pitbullmamanatl reputation ninjapitbullmamanatl reputation ninjapitbullmamanatl reputation ninjapitbullmamanatl reputation ninjapitbullmamanatl reputation ninjapitbullmamanatl reputation ninjapitbullmamanatl reputation ninjapitbullmamanatl reputation ninjapitbullmamanatl reputation ninjapitbullmamanatl reputation ninjapitbullmamanatl reputation ninjapitbullmamanatl reputation ninjapitbullmamanatl reputation ninjapitbullmamanatl reputation ninjapitbullmamanatl reputation ninja
Send a message via Yahoo to pitbullmamanatl Send a message via Skype™ to pitbullmamanatl
Cute pup. I'd love to see a stacked and side shot of him. How old is he now?

As far as the UKC papers are concerned they are useless to you if your dog is in fact an American Bully, which I don't know for sure without registration and a pedigree; however, in order to register your dog with the ABKC you must send in a COPY of your UKC paperwork for verification.

Click here to print out the single domestic ABKC registration form and follow the instructions on it. The ABKC is the only (reputable) bully registry that recognizes the American Bully so I encourage everyone to register their bullies. I keep my UKC papers behind my passenger seat and have used them for scratch paper various times because they are of no significance to me.

Good luck with your pup. Let me know if you have any more questions.

*If you can't take the heat don't annoy the dragon*

pitbullmamanatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:31 AM   #3 (permalink)
OCD Bullyologist

3x Dog of the Month
Send a message via Yahoo to pitbullmamanatl Send a message via Skype™ to pitbullmamanatl
I just reread your post.... unless you have UKC papers and a pedigree there is no way to know for sure what you own. In order to register with the ABKC you MUST have UKC papers hon. Sorry.

Old 01-28-2013, 04:04 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitbullmamanatl View Post
I just reread your post.... unless you have UKC papers and a pedigree there is no way to know for sure what you own. In order to register with the ABKC you MUST have UKC papers hon. Sorry.
Yea he is ukc registered I read the abkc form I have to send pics of him and copies of his pedigree like you said I know they're useless because he's not an APBT I'm trying to get him into dog shows (abkc) I will be taking him to his first show on February 16 any suggestions? Ill post a pic of his pedigree in a bit hopefully you an break it down for me.

Old 01-28-2013, 04:05 PM   #5 (permalink)

He is almost 4 months btw lol

Old 01-28-2013, 04:16 PM   #6 (permalink)
OCD Bullyologist

3x Dog of the Month
Quote:
Originally Posted by GottilineOtto View Post
He is almost 4 months btw lol

I can look at it for you. His parents are probably already on bullypedia if you give me the names I can look at his testmating until you can get his ped inputted on there. Honestly, in the Bully World pedigrees should be taken with a grain of salt because so many dogs aren't off who their papers say they are, especially in Gotty/Gottiline dogs. I'd rather see stacked and side shots of him as structure is the only thing that matters, in addition to breed type of course. Are you coming to Atlanta Kennel's show here in Atlanta on the 16th? If so I will be there and can see the dog in person. I wouldn't worry about putting him in the ring right now, unless you just want him to have the experience because he can't earn points until he is 6 months old.

Old 01-28-2013, 04:34 PM   #7 (permalink)

Name:  ImageUploadedByPG Free1359394293.967450.jpg
Views: 1866
Size:  30.2 KB
Those are his parents

And the one I'm going to is here in Cali in Ontario it's a bully show..yea I'm not worried about the ring at the moment I just want him to get familiar with the environment

Name:  ImageUploadedByPG Free1359394448.475020.jpg
Views: 1503
Size:  22.3 KB

Old 01-28-2013, 05:18 PM   #8 (permalink)

Hopefully you can see the names thanks for the help.

Old 01-28-2013, 05:44 PM   #9 (permalink)

doughboi reputation ninjadoughboi reputation ninjadoughboi reputation ninjadoughboi reputation ninjadoughboi reputation ninjadoughboi reputation ninjadoughboi reputation ninjadoughboi reputation ninjadoughboi reputation ninjadoughboi reputation ninjadoughboi reputation ninjadoughboi reputation ninjadoughboi reputation ninjadoughboi reputation ninjadoughboi reputation ninja
doughboi reputation ninjadoughboi reputation ninjadoughboi reputation ninjadoughboi reputation ninjadoughboi reputation ninjadoughboi reputation ninjadoughboi reputation ninjadoughboi reputation ninjadoughboi reputation ninjadoughboi reputation ninjadoughboi reputation ninjadoughboi reputation ninjadoughboi reputation ninjadoughboi reputation ninjadoughboi reputation ninja
Quote:
I can look at it for you. His parents are probably already on bullypedia if you give me the names I can look at his testmating until you can get his ped inputted on there. Honestly, in the Bully World pedigrees should be taken with a grain of salt because so many dogs aren't off who their papers say they are, especially in Gotty/Gottiline dogs. I'd rather see stacked and side shots of him as structure is the only thing that matters, in addition to breed type of course. Are you coming to Atlanta Kennel's show here in Atlanta on the 16th? If so I will be there and can see the dog in person. I wouldn't worry about putting him in the ring right now, unless you just want him to have the experience because he can't earn points until he is 6 months old.
Hey I will be there next month I was wondering why there are pulls at the shows or well this one even though it has pulls on the ABKC site now.My boy is 7months today jus wanna get him use to shows not going to lie getting a ribbon would be cool but experience is better. Is that your number on the info list if so I spoke to you sat night really wasn't expecting someone to pick up that time of night lol caught me off guard.
doughboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:32 PM   #10 (permalink)
OCD Bullyologist

3x Dog of the Month
Quote:
Originally Posted by doughboi View Post
Hey I will be there next month I was wondering why there are pulls at the shows or well this one even though it has pulls on the ABKC site now.My boy is 7months today jus wanna get him use to shows not going to lie getting a ribbon would be cool but experience is better. Is that your number on the info list if so I spoke to you sat night really wasn't expecting someone to pick up that time of night lol caught me off guard.

Why there are or aren't pulls? It is up to the individual host what events and classes they want to incorporate into their show. Some shows have other breeds like Shorty bulls and Frenchies and there are some that will only have American Bullies. This is not my show, I just live in Atlanta and I am a rep for the ABKC. You probably talked to Austin or if it was a female it was his wife Racheal. They are the ones hosting the show.... They are usually up pretty late so I wouldn't worry about it lol

I ain't gonna lie either... Ribbons are fun to get! lol
I did close to 40 shows last year and cried the day my boy champed. He worked his butt off for that title please believe. Just forewarning it is an expensive hobby!! lol

Bring your dog out to the show and see how he does in the ring. I'll be there so hit me up and if you have any questions we can talk. My number is on the ABKC site on the judges and reps page so just shoot me a text when you get there.

6 months is a good age to start getting them used to the ring. I put Shox in at 4 months but that is just because I was already going to be at the show so might as well.

Old 01-29-2013, 04:13 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Why there are or aren't pulls? It is up to the individual host what events and classes they want to incorporate into their show. Some shows have other breeds like Shorty bulls and Frenchies and there are some that will only have American Bullies. This is not my show, I just live in Atlanta and I am a rep for the ABKC. You probably talked to Austin or if it was a female it was his wife Racheal. They are the ones hosting the show.... They are usually up pretty late so I wouldn't worry about it lol

I ain't gonna lie either... Ribbons are fun to get! lol
I did close to 40 shows last year and cried the day my boy champed. He worked his butt off for that title please believe. Just forewarning it is an expensive hobby!! lol

Bring your dog out to the show and see how he does in the ring. I'll be there so hit me up and if you have any questions we can talk. My number is on the ABKC site on the judges and reps page so just shoot me a text when you get there.

6 months is a good age to start getting them used to the ring. I put Shox in at 4 months but that is just because I was already going to be at the show so might as well.
Ok thank you so much and on the ABKC it has weight pull on it just thought it was something new that has been added on.
Old 01-29-2013, 04:15 PM   #12 (permalink)

Oh and why do you say it is expensive, because of the traveling?
Old 01-29-2013, 10:50 PM   #13 (permalink)

Here are some side views of Otto Name:  ImageUploadedByPG Free1359503408.001655.jpg
Views: 1227
Size:  18.4 KBName:  ImageUploadedByPG Free1359503428.775825.jpg
Views: 1168
Size:  17.3 KB

Sponsored Links
Advertisement