Pitbulls : Go Pitbull Dog Forums - View Single Post - My poor little pee-machine...
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2009, 12:00 AM   #1 (permalink)
Sydney (Got the BAN STICK)
Banned
(Reason)

2x Dog of the Month 1x Get well Marty!
Sydney reputation is over the moonSydney reputation is over the moonSydney reputation is over the moon
Sydney reputation is over the moonSydney reputation is over the moonSydney reputation is over the moonSydney reputation is over the moon
My poor little pee-machine...

I took Ziggi to a new vet today, because I have been unhappy with the one we have repeatedly seen for him excessive peeing issue.

Back when I fist got him at 5 1/2 months I thought he had a urinary tract infection, UTI, so I took him to the vet. She gave be a bunch of excuses like, "he is just a boy, and they never fully empty their bladders" "he is just a puppy, they have accidents" and a couple others. Well numerous time since then I have mentioned the problem remains, and he seems to be less and less continent.

So at the advice of a friend, I took him to a new vet and had a Complete Blood Panel and Urine Analysis done, and oddly I was relieved to find out...he has a borderline moderate/severe UTI. I am so mad I trusted my old vet, I am more mad at myself, I knew something was not right, and I feel bad that he has had to live with this problem for so long. I am just happy that after a nice strong round of antibiotics we might be able to get this crate training thing mastered after all!

Moral of the story, no matter how much you "like" your vet, if you don't feel comfortable with their diagnosis...seek a second opinion.
Sydney is offline   Reply With Quote