Go Pitbull Forums banner

My Pup Thor

Tags
pup thor
4K views 23 replies 13 participants last post by  rex abernathy 
#1 ·
New Member, and first post. Been getting a lot of good info cruisin on this site. Thought I would post some pics of my buddy I've been raising. I got him when he was 10 weeks old, and he is now about 6 months. I am amazed with this breed, and it does not surprise me how many stupid people misunderstand them because of what they hear. This is the most affectionate, cuddling loving dog that I've ever had. And he's great with the kids. I got this dog with no papers, and from what I have been told, I cannot get him any without them. just wanted to say what you experts had to say about him. To me he looks all pit. But I'm no expert. Thanks for lookin!

See less See more
#2 ·
So after doing some reading on here, I have learned that there is only one kind of pitbull. And since I don't have papers, there is no way of knowing of what he is. Looks like this beautiful dog will be labeled a mutt! Nothin wrong with that! He is a great looking and tempered dog, and that's all that matters!

#6 ·
I like you already!! 👍👍

It gets real annoying when ppl argue this

As of right now bc my boy was artificially Inseminated, the owner of the deceased sire has to send a DNA sample to the ADBA, even tho I know my boys ped and bloodlines, without that DNA sample I won't receive his papers, even tho I know all that stuff no papers still equals a mutt. I'm really not losing sleep over it, it's just now a longer process

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

#5 ·
Welcome to the pack and I hope you enjoy your stay on our yard. I'm glad you were able to answer your own questions, and you're navigating the site fairly easy. You've got a beautiful pup and his coat is so super shiny! Love all the wrinkles, too. Thank you so much for sharing him with us and we look forward to seeing more pictures of him as he grows.

#8 ·
If you don't have papers telling you what you have, then you cannot say you have an APBT. Plain and simple. Read my above post. *I* can't even call my dog an APBT until those papers come back.

By looking at Thor how can you tell it's a "pit bull" YOU CANT. Too many bully breeds resemble each other it's hard to say what's pure and what's not. An American bulldog and a cane corso can have pups that look like "pure" pits. Stop passing on false information. This is why "pit bulls" get a bad rap bc those dogs are not real "pit bulls" and give the real ones a bad name

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

#15 ·
Pit bull is short for AMERICAN PIT BULL TERRIER. That's how I use it in terms. I do not consider any mixed breed dog like an American bulldog and a cane corso a "pit bull" even if it's what the media says. There is only one pit bull and that is the American pit bull terrier.

We can argue about this until we are both blue in the face. If you want to label dogs incorrectly by all means be my guest. It's disrespectful to the purebred dogs that ARE APBT.

#17 ·
There is only one pit bull and that is the American pit bull terrier.
Very true. I don't even use the term "pitbull" because it is generic and refers today to any look a like pretend a bull out there.

My dogs are American (pit) Bull Terriers. To those in the know, they are bulldogs.

To the OP: your boy is more of an American Staffordshire Terrier, not ApBT.
The blue dogs took the show road with the AKC since the 1930's.

Glad you took it well and understand it is not a cut down to say your dog is a mutt.
Hope you fix him so he cannot reproduce. If a dog has no papers there is no sense in breeding.
Enjoy him as he is.

#19 ·
Yeah I don't use the term "pit bull" either....too many people and the media use the term to refer to all the bully breed dogs and mixes thereof.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.