Pitbulls : Go Pitbull Dog Forums - View Single Post - "How do you pick an owner for your pup?"
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2009, 01:54 PM   #18 (permalink)
MY MIKADO
Dare to dance the tide

1x Donated to  Shelter Drive 1x Get well Marty!
MY MIKADO reputation ninjaMY MIKADO reputation ninjaMY MIKADO reputation ninjaMY MIKADO reputation ninjaMY MIKADO reputation ninjaMY MIKADO reputation ninjaMY MIKADO reputation ninjaMY MIKADO reputation ninjaMY MIKADO reputation ninjaMY MIKADO reputation ninjaMY MIKADO reputation ninjaMY MIKADO reputation ninjaMY MIKADO reputation ninjaMY MIKADO reputation ninjaMY MIKADO reputation ninja
MY MIKADO reputation ninjaMY MIKADO reputation ninjaMY MIKADO reputation ninjaMY MIKADO reputation ninjaMY MIKADO reputation ninjaMY MIKADO reputation ninjaMY MIKADO reputation ninjaMY MIKADO reputation ninjaMY MIKADO reputation ninjaMY MIKADO reputation ninjaMY MIKADO reputation ninjaMY MIKADO reputation ninjaMY MIKADO reputation ninjaMY MIKADO reputation ninjaMY MIKADO reputation ninja
I have never breed any dogs but I have been in the rescue business for 28yrs. I go by first impressions alot. I usually know as soon as I see a person if I like them or not. The times when I thought I was too harsh on someone I got burned. I spay/neuter all of the dogs before they ever leave my place. I try to keep in contact with people but soem move or change phone numbers this happened alot when cells became popular. Up here almost evey plce you call is long distants. The first year I drop in on the person to see how the dog is doing. I do mean dropping in too I don't call or give any type of heads up I'm on my way. I want to see how the dogs is treated on a normal day.

When I got Mikado I had only had one oher pitbull in foster care about 8yrs before. Acama had been badly abused. I took her but she had never been around children and Andreas was only 2 at the time. I lived in a small trailer it was hard. I worked with her for 3mos and then I found a great home. The guy had had pitbulls before. He lived in the country on 10 acreas of land. I talked to him all the time. Acama had a great life.
Would I have given me Mikado. Yes I think that all of those years of working with the badly abused gave me an edge with training him.