Pitbulls : Go Pitbull Dog Forums - View Single Post - "How do you pick an owner for your pup?"
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2009, 02:32 PM   #22 (permalink)
MY MIKADO
Dare to dance the tide

1x Donated to  Shelter Drive 1x Get well Marty!
MY MIKADO reputation ninjaMY MIKADO reputation ninjaMY MIKADO reputation ninjaMY MIKADO reputation ninjaMY MIKADO reputation ninjaMY MIKADO reputation ninjaMY MIKADO reputation ninjaMY MIKADO reputation ninjaMY MIKADO reputation ninjaMY MIKADO reputation ninjaMY MIKADO reputation ninjaMY MIKADO reputation ninjaMY MIKADO reputation ninjaMY MIKADO reputation ninjaMY MIKADO reputation ninja
MY MIKADO reputation ninjaMY MIKADO reputation ninjaMY MIKADO reputation ninjaMY MIKADO reputation ninjaMY MIKADO reputation ninjaMY MIKADO reputation ninjaMY MIKADO reputation ninjaMY MIKADO reputation ninjaMY MIKADO reputation ninjaMY MIKADO reputation ninjaMY MIKADO reputation ninjaMY MIKADO reputation ninjaMY MIKADO reputation ninjaMY MIKADO reputation ninjaMY MIKADO reputation ninja
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2tone View Post
I wondered this question also... Do people go off of looks at all?

My small worry, is, upon the time we actually get our first bull, will people judge based off of looks? I am a large guy, buzzed/shaved head, sleeved tattoos, etc. I've received the wrong impression many of times in life, gotten plenty of disgusted, scared looks.

I know most of the pitbull community is obviously a diverse community in the first place, so this shouldn't be a concern?
This shouldn't be a problem but the fact is that alot of people jugde you cause of the way you look. It isn't right but that is the way it is. I don't jugde people like that I have adopted to people that looked like they couldn't take care of themself let alone a dog and the dog ended up in the best home.

I'm a clean cut girl and when I tell people I have pitbulls they ask what is a nice girl like you doing with one of those dogs. I get that all the time. This is when I give a educated talk about te breed.