Pitbulls : Go Pitbull Dog Forums - View Single Post - Why do vets push Science Diet?
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2009, 05:18 AM   #10 (permalink)
Carriana
Bully Wrangler

1x Donated to  Shelter Drive 2x Dog of the Month
Carriana reputation ninjaCarriana reputation ninjaCarriana reputation ninjaCarriana reputation ninjaCarriana reputation ninjaCarriana reputation ninjaCarriana reputation ninjaCarriana reputation ninjaCarriana reputation ninjaCarriana reputation ninjaCarriana reputation ninjaCarriana reputation ninjaCarriana reputation ninjaCarriana reputation ninjaCarriana reputation ninja
Carriana reputation ninjaCarriana reputation ninjaCarriana reputation ninjaCarriana reputation ninjaCarriana reputation ninjaCarriana reputation ninjaCarriana reputation ninjaCarriana reputation ninjaCarriana reputation ninjaCarriana reputation ninjaCarriana reputation ninjaCarriana reputation ninjaCarriana reputation ninjaCarriana reputation ninjaCarriana reputation ninja
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep lex View Post
i feed wellness and after i say that they correct themselves and say keep up with the wellness but i just find it so odd they all tell them to use it i think im gunna print out the science diet analysis page and post on the vets bulliten board and see if it stays up and if im alowed back lol. im sure allot of people feed SD and feel really good about it because ther vets telling them to meanwhile its crap
This is my theory on that. Maybe, deep down, your vet does like animals and has their "best" interest at heart. Maybe most vets assume that most everyday uneducated pet owners will be feeding grocery store crap and the SD is actually minimally better than that. So they think, "what the hell, if it's better than what they are feeding and I get paid for it, why not?". That would also explain why it shut him right up when you mentioned you fed a higher quality food.