Pitbulls : Go Pitbull Dog Forums - View Single Post - A difficult news to share but perhaps we could learn from this and prevent more disas
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2014, 04:31 AM   #16 (permalink)
ThaLadyPit
APBT!

3x Donated to pbp 1x Bitch in a box! 4x Donated to get Indigo and Cree out of florida 1x Devonte\'s harness fund
ThaLadyPit reputation ninjaThaLadyPit reputation ninjaThaLadyPit reputation ninjaThaLadyPit reputation ninjaThaLadyPit reputation ninjaThaLadyPit reputation ninjaThaLadyPit reputation ninjaThaLadyPit reputation ninjaThaLadyPit reputation ninjaThaLadyPit reputation ninjaThaLadyPit reputation ninjaThaLadyPit reputation ninjaThaLadyPit reputation ninjaThaLadyPit reputation ninjaThaLadyPit reputation ninja
ThaLadyPit reputation ninjaThaLadyPit reputation ninjaThaLadyPit reputation ninjaThaLadyPit reputation ninjaThaLadyPit reputation ninjaThaLadyPit reputation ninjaThaLadyPit reputation ninjaThaLadyPit reputation ninjaThaLadyPit reputation ninjaThaLadyPit reputation ninjaThaLadyPit reputation ninjaThaLadyPit reputation ninjaThaLadyPit reputation ninjaThaLadyPit reputation ninjaThaLadyPit reputation ninja
Absolutely Hash. My own mother had a dog euthanized after raising it from a pup, because it bit my little brother in the head at 3 years of age. Now, I will say, I remember being there in the front yard with my mother, talking with the neighbor, and my brother ran around the back yard where the dog was on a tie out, and we heard the dog snarl, and heard my brother scream (he was a toddler, still in a diaper), and we ran different directions looking for my brother. According to ACO, at the age of 3 years, "chows just snap for no known reason". Well, my mother bought into that, even though she was already going to have him euthanized anyways. Since then, she's refused to even be in the same vicinity of anything that resembles a chow. I was about 11 years old then, so this was 20 years ago. Ever since then, I had it in my head to closely supervise children (whether my own or someone else's) around any dog.

Granted, not all people are this responsible, and that's what causes a lot of the stories we see, but Hash is right... try as we might, we'll never get the complete understanding of the general public that it is solely up to the adults to be responsible when it comes to kids and dogs.

With that said, I have posted numerous times of a story about a pup I had to euthanize that went after my own child, and we'd had her since she was born, practically. She was 18 months old when I had her put down. I have ZERO tolerance for any type of aggression from a dog towards a child. Aggression towards adults, I feel can be dealt with, most times. But, I make NO exceptions when it comes to children. I don't even allow my dogs to bark at strange children. I make it a point to instill in my dogs that they are never to show aggression to any child, telling them "We don't bark at babies!" Yes, I label all children as babies when talking to my dogs lol.

"In this breed, there's no such thing as an expert! The day someone says they're an expert, they need to walk away from the dogs, because someone's going to get hurt. You should be learning something new every day." John Maynard-Circle M Kennels

ThaLadyPit is offline   Reply With Quote