Pitbulls : Go Pitbull Dog Forums - View Single Post - How do your dogs handle the heat?
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2014, 03:20 AM   #4 (permalink)
TeamCourter
Silver VIP Member

TeamCourter reputation ninjaTeamCourter reputation ninjaTeamCourter reputation ninjaTeamCourter reputation ninjaTeamCourter reputation ninjaTeamCourter reputation ninjaTeamCourter reputation ninjaTeamCourter reputation ninjaTeamCourter reputation ninjaTeamCourter reputation ninjaTeamCourter reputation ninjaTeamCourter reputation ninjaTeamCourter reputation ninjaTeamCourter reputation ninjaTeamCourter reputation ninja
TeamCourter reputation ninjaTeamCourter reputation ninjaTeamCourter reputation ninjaTeamCourter reputation ninjaTeamCourter reputation ninjaTeamCourter reputation ninjaTeamCourter reputation ninjaTeamCourter reputation ninjaTeamCourter reputation ninjaTeamCourter reputation ninjaTeamCourter reputation ninjaTeamCourter reputation ninjaTeamCourter reputation ninjaTeamCourter reputation ninjaTeamCourter reputation ninja
How do your dogs handle the heat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan View Post
I live in death valley...well...pretty close to it.

Plenty a water and keep em off the pavement! My little girl got a few burn blisters on her pads from merely walking on the hot pavement for a less than few minutes walk

It's funny, she's soo smart that now she RUNS to the shadowed portions of pavement when we walk....I don't even need to direct her.

Oh and they also sell "booties" or whatever for their feet but Luna would have my a$$ in a jar if I made her wear dem things

Edit: What you stated is normal. In the summer months (which is the whole year here) my pup will act lazy and can only take like 5-10 minute walks! You can literally fry an egg on the pavement right now. Keep that AC bumpin!

Thank goodness it is no where near that hot here! Although I do still try to keep to the shaded path when the pavement is real hot, I always go out in my flip flops and put a bare foot on a street to test it hahaha. It was great today because it wasn't very nice weather so the dogs were totally pumped for both our walks today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by APBTN00b View Post
Around here Apollo is a Diva. He hates the heat. But I live in a very hot and humid area so he has to just deal with it. Because of this, summer months I cut back on food a little. I try not to feed them in the hot afternoon. More so during the morning or after sunset. Also make sure plenty of water is available. Even though all the stated above is available to Apollo, he still hates it and will still complain until someone brings his Diva butt in.

My other dogs have no issues with the heat. They get in the shade or in their houses and enjoys their day. :P

My two have access to the house 100% of the time so Gemini has spent a lot more time laying on the hardwood floor. I leave the doors open during the day so they can go outside as they please. Deuce will go lay in the sun for quite a while during the day but not Gem, she will only stay outside if I am sidetracking her with a game the whole time. Normally after playing outside it would be water break and then ready for a walk, but lately it's been water break then nap inside the house. She has everything she needs so she must just not be good with the heat like your Apollo.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
TeamCourter is offline   Reply With Quote