Pitbulls : Go Pitbull Dog Forums - View Single Post - How do your dogs handle the heat?
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2014, 12:46 AM   #15 (permalink)
HeavyJeep
Kelevra

HeavyJeep reputation ninjaHeavyJeep reputation ninjaHeavyJeep reputation ninjaHeavyJeep reputation ninjaHeavyJeep reputation ninjaHeavyJeep reputation ninjaHeavyJeep reputation ninjaHeavyJeep reputation ninjaHeavyJeep reputation ninjaHeavyJeep reputation ninjaHeavyJeep reputation ninjaHeavyJeep reputation ninjaHeavyJeep reputation ninjaHeavyJeep reputation ninjaHeavyJeep reputation ninja
HeavyJeep reputation ninjaHeavyJeep reputation ninjaHeavyJeep reputation ninjaHeavyJeep reputation ninjaHeavyJeep reputation ninjaHeavyJeep reputation ninjaHeavyJeep reputation ninjaHeavyJeep reputation ninjaHeavyJeep reputation ninjaHeavyJeep reputation ninjaHeavyJeep reputation ninjaHeavyJeep reputation ninjaHeavyJeep reputation ninjaHeavyJeep reputation ninjaHeavyJeep reputation ninja
\

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamCourter View Post
I have noticed that my crazy girl becomes a very lazy girl when the weather gets warm. I was almost ready to take her to the vet the other day because she was refusing to do anything but lay out on the floor (which is very unlike her), but once the sun started going down she was ready to go. It does get warm here during the day with the sun beaming down on you, but not nearly as hot as some of you have to deal with. Could a little bit of warm weather really effect her that much? I'm missing my crazy girl!

Heat is an important subject when it comes to the exercise of a hound, especially when humidity is involved..
Here on the Gulf Coast of FL, everyday 90's with 98% humidity we know the pain of summer..
I personally use electrolytes (for horses) in their water, and feed 2/3 of their food after our walk in the morning and the other 3rd after the evening millwork and walk. I do work my dogs in the heat and sun without concern on their end, but I know what to watch for and when its time to cool off..

We go to the beach when its real bad out and the water is both great exercise and keeps them cool.

Just like everything in nature, when youre hot you find shade (or AC) and relax. Water Water Water

My dogs-- it doesnt matter if its 100, 10, raining, snowing (found that out this year lol) day, night, doesnt matter.. flirt pole better be on the daily agenda or feelings are hurt and hyperness becomes untolerable We are used to the heat

Those that matter dont care, and those that care dont matter..!!

You're not beaten when you lose, you're beaten when you quit..

"He grew into a forty-eight pound, steel-muscled song of war, which ran, diminuendo, from a heavy chest and head to a neatly tapered tail."
*John Tantor Foote*
HeavyJeep is offline   Reply With Quote