Pitbulls : Go Pitbull Dog Forums - View Single Post - would you or would you not breed this
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2009, 03:59 AM   #8 (permalink)
rosesandthorns

rosesandthorns reputation ninjarosesandthorns reputation ninjarosesandthorns reputation ninjarosesandthorns reputation ninjarosesandthorns reputation ninjarosesandthorns reputation ninjarosesandthorns reputation ninjarosesandthorns reputation ninjarosesandthorns reputation ninjarosesandthorns reputation ninjarosesandthorns reputation ninjarosesandthorns reputation ninjarosesandthorns reputation ninjarosesandthorns reputation ninjarosesandthorns reputation ninja
rosesandthorns reputation ninjarosesandthorns reputation ninjarosesandthorns reputation ninjarosesandthorns reputation ninjarosesandthorns reputation ninjarosesandthorns reputation ninjarosesandthorns reputation ninjarosesandthorns reputation ninjarosesandthorns reputation ninjarosesandthorns reputation ninjarosesandthorns reputation ninjarosesandthorns reputation ninjarosesandthorns reputation ninjarosesandthorns reputation ninjarosesandthorns reputation ninja
I had a female that was shy when I got her at 14 weeks. The people who had her didn't socialize her at all. She was left in a pen and fed in a pig trough. They didn't want to get attached to her so they barely even petted her. She got lots of love when she came home with me and even tho she stayed shy she did good in conformation. I bred her to a very outgoing wp dog and she was a good mom. None of the puppies was shy,one went on to be a conformation champion. So I think it would mostly depend on whether the shyness is due to environmental or heredity. Some shy dogs are fear biters but since the dog is not it might be possible that he would be okay to breed. But it really depends on why he is so shy. He's got everything a you could want but the shyness does bother me. I know that a lot of sites will tell you to stay away from shy puppies because they are usually not of stable temperament. I'm kinda torn on this one but at 4 and still really shy...is he just really laid back or does he back away when he's around other people and not want to be touched?