Pitbulls : Go Pitbull Dog Forums - View Single Post - Rescues, shelters and "breeds"
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2014, 12:40 AM   #3 (permalink)
::::COACH::::
Diggin' Deep

1x Dog of the Month
::::COACH:::: reputation ninja::::COACH:::: reputation ninja::::COACH:::: reputation ninja::::COACH:::: reputation ninja::::COACH:::: reputation ninja::::COACH:::: reputation ninja::::COACH:::: reputation ninja::::COACH:::: reputation ninja::::COACH:::: reputation ninja::::COACH:::: reputation ninja::::COACH:::: reputation ninja::::COACH:::: reputation ninja::::COACH:::: reputation ninja::::COACH:::: reputation ninja::::COACH:::: reputation ninja
::::COACH:::: reputation ninja::::COACH:::: reputation ninja::::COACH:::: reputation ninja::::COACH:::: reputation ninja::::COACH:::: reputation ninja::::COACH:::: reputation ninja::::COACH:::: reputation ninja::::COACH:::: reputation ninja::::COACH:::: reputation ninja::::COACH:::: reputation ninja::::COACH:::: reputation ninja::::COACH:::: reputation ninja::::COACH:::: reputation ninja::::COACH:::: reputation ninja::::COACH:::: reputation ninja
I have said this before and I will say it again. BULL BREEDS are very different from other breeds of dogs!!!!! The dogs that the shelters take in should simply call them bull breed mix or something along those lines. There are MANY breeds and crosses of breeds that make up the term bull breed, or as the media puts it -pitbulls. When it comes to BULL BREED dogs you can not tell for sure what breed or breeds that dog could be.

Other dog breeds don't have this problem. You can pretty much tell a dachshund is a dachshund..or it is a doxie mix. You can tell a German Shepherd is a German Shepherd, a husky is a husky...a Bassett is a Bassett and then the collie breeds like border collies and Aussies when crossed do look like some sort of collie mix-- still within the "collie" type. There are several types of shepherds but still under the "shepherd" look and people will call it a "shepherd mix"

There are not TONS of DIFFERENT breeds that look like dachshunds or Shepherds! These breeds also do not face the issues that bull breeds do. It's a real shame for say...true APBTs and Amstaffs to get lumped into the BSL when say, a Corso mix attacks someone but the dog is called a pitbull. You don't hear about "poodles" attack and killing people. It's the "pitbulls" -- which are NOT true APBTs or AmStaffs. I'd like to see the peds of these so called "pitbulls" biting people. They don't have peds, they are poorly bred crosses of HA dogs. APBTs and Amstaffs are not typically HA, but the masstiff breeds ARE.

The bottom line is, other breeds are not facing the issues we have. It's not fair that my people loving dogs should be feared because people don't know what a true pit bull is. AND the other bottom line is...is that bull breeds (called pitbulls) refer to many different breeds of dogs, some of which breeds are guardian breeds.

I also do not like "breed specific" rescues. I like ones like "big fluffy dog rescue" "bull breed rescue" "tiny paws rescue" etc.

"It's a nokalokapoopalotadoocanidragaleashalupus. It's a breed of mixed, strained money extorted
practically useless spin off of a once noble breed." --William Williamson

Last edited by ::::COACH::::; 08-02-2014 at 12:42 AM.
::::COACH:::: is offline   Reply With Quote