Pitbulls : Go Pitbull Dog Forums - View Single Post - Rescues, shelters and "breeds"
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2014, 12:09 AM   #7 (permalink)
Carla Restivo (Got the BAN STICK)
Banned
(Reason)

Carla Restivo reputation ninjaCarla Restivo reputation ninjaCarla Restivo reputation ninjaCarla Restivo reputation ninjaCarla Restivo reputation ninjaCarla Restivo reputation ninjaCarla Restivo reputation ninjaCarla Restivo reputation ninjaCarla Restivo reputation ninjaCarla Restivo reputation ninjaCarla Restivo reputation ninjaCarla Restivo reputation ninjaCarla Restivo reputation ninjaCarla Restivo reputation ninjaCarla Restivo reputation ninja
Carla Restivo reputation ninjaCarla Restivo reputation ninjaCarla Restivo reputation ninjaCarla Restivo reputation ninjaCarla Restivo reputation ninjaCarla Restivo reputation ninjaCarla Restivo reputation ninjaCarla Restivo reputation ninjaCarla Restivo reputation ninjaCarla Restivo reputation ninjaCarla Restivo reputation ninjaCarla Restivo reputation ninjaCarla Restivo reputation ninjaCarla Restivo reputation ninjaCarla Restivo reputation ninja
Quote:
Originally Posted by ::::COACH:::: View Post
I have said this before and I will say it again. BULL BREEDS are very different from other breeds of dogs!!!!! The dogs that the shelters take in should simply call them bull breed mix or something along those lines.
You can't tell the difference between an APBT and SBT most of the time? Or a BT and an APBT or SBT or AST? Or between a Boston and the others?

Quote:
There are MANY breeds and crosses of breeds that make up the term bull breed, or as the media puts it -pitbulls. When it comes to BULL BREED dogs you can not tell for sure what breed or breeds that dog could be.
What's wrong with determining what the cross might be (best guess) and go from there? What harm would that do?

Quote:
The bottom line is, other breeds are not facing the issues we have.
True, but are we doing ourselves any favors by demanding that our dogs have special favors? ("There are no Pit Bulls in rescue"). By firmly demanding that the dog that looks pretty much like your dogs, Coach, is NOT a Pit Bull? (How stupid does that make us look? Like we don't know squat about dogs is what it makes us look like!)

Quote:
I also do not like "breed specific" rescues. I like ones like "big fluffy dog rescue" "bull breed rescue" "tiny paws rescue" etc.
Again, people are people. They want a certain look. They want a certain behavior. Rescues HAVE to limit themselves (good ones anyway). I see nothing wrong with discriminating and becoming a rescue well-known for good representatives of a specific breed.
Carla Restivo is offline   Reply With Quote