Pitbulls : Go Pitbull Dog Forums - View Single Post - Rescues, shelters and "breeds"
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2014, 01:29 AM   #9 (permalink)
Carla Restivo (Got the BAN STICK)
Banned
(Reason)

Carla Restivo reputation ninjaCarla Restivo reputation ninjaCarla Restivo reputation ninjaCarla Restivo reputation ninjaCarla Restivo reputation ninjaCarla Restivo reputation ninjaCarla Restivo reputation ninjaCarla Restivo reputation ninjaCarla Restivo reputation ninjaCarla Restivo reputation ninjaCarla Restivo reputation ninjaCarla Restivo reputation ninjaCarla Restivo reputation ninjaCarla Restivo reputation ninjaCarla Restivo reputation ninja
Carla Restivo reputation ninjaCarla Restivo reputation ninjaCarla Restivo reputation ninjaCarla Restivo reputation ninjaCarla Restivo reputation ninjaCarla Restivo reputation ninjaCarla Restivo reputation ninjaCarla Restivo reputation ninjaCarla Restivo reputation ninjaCarla Restivo reputation ninjaCarla Restivo reputation ninjaCarla Restivo reputation ninjaCarla Restivo reputation ninjaCarla Restivo reputation ninjaCarla Restivo reputation ninja
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCdogs View Post
I think that the reason many people on here, including myself, refer to bully-type dogs of unknown lineage as mutts is so that not all dogs with muscles and a big head are called a Pit Bull, even by their owners.

Quote:
The general public would be shocked to see what a true Pit Bull looks like.

Quote:
They consider anything and everything vicious to be a Pit Bull, so those who know better simply try and educate when we can that technically, they aren't Pit Bulls, they're mutts.
Man, it just seem you're all mighty worried about what others think and instead of being steady and dealing with truths, you are going to hide behind "mutts" and "there are no Pit Bulls in rescue".

Quote:
How many of the dog attacks that you see in the media come from registered APBTs? I'd guess almost none.
I honestly don't know. We rarely get pictures of the dogs involved or any registration history. I wish we did. IF we were ever to find out that none of the dogs were registered, but looked very very much like say, Coach's dogs, would you still say, "There is no problem with Pit Bulls"?

Quote:
See, the issue is that someone that labels a dog as a Lab isn't giving that dog a negative stereotype. But if someone labeled the same dog as a Pit Bull, the dog would automatically receive much different treatment by many people.
The problem is the someone that labels the dog incorrectly.

Quote:
So I understand that most people DON'T understand what a Pit Bull is, and they consider the term to be much more vague than I do. .
So, let's get the truth out there; and not hide behind "mutt". That just teaches them more vagueness!
Carla Restivo is offline   Reply With Quote