Pitbulls : Go Pitbull Dog Forums - View Single Post - Rescues, shelters and "breeds"
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2014, 01:38 AM   #11 (permalink)
::::COACH::::
Diggin' Deep

1x Dog of the Month
::::COACH:::: reputation ninja::::COACH:::: reputation ninja::::COACH:::: reputation ninja::::COACH:::: reputation ninja::::COACH:::: reputation ninja::::COACH:::: reputation ninja::::COACH:::: reputation ninja::::COACH:::: reputation ninja::::COACH:::: reputation ninja::::COACH:::: reputation ninja::::COACH:::: reputation ninja::::COACH:::: reputation ninja::::COACH:::: reputation ninja::::COACH:::: reputation ninja::::COACH:::: reputation ninja
::::COACH:::: reputation ninja::::COACH:::: reputation ninja::::COACH:::: reputation ninja::::COACH:::: reputation ninja::::COACH:::: reputation ninja::::COACH:::: reputation ninja::::COACH:::: reputation ninja::::COACH:::: reputation ninja::::COACH:::: reputation ninja::::COACH:::: reputation ninja::::COACH:::: reputation ninja::::COACH:::: reputation ninja::::COACH:::: reputation ninja::::COACH:::: reputation ninja::::COACH:::: reputation ninja
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carla Restivo View Post
You can't tell the difference between an APBT and SBT most of the time? Or a BT and an APBT or SBT or AST? Or between a Boston and the others?

Nope I can not. APBTs have so many bloodlines and different looks. I have seen plenty of true gamebred dogs that were no joke smaller than a Staffy bull with the same build, I've seen plenty that looked like AMstaffs, etc. Bull breed (or pitbull as the media calls them) also refers to many of the mastiff breeds like American Bulldog, Corso, dogo etc. and when those breeds are crossed with say a APBT or Ambully they look like Large versions of Amstaffs with wrinkles lol

What's wrong with determining what the cross might be (best guess) and go from there? What harm would that do?

There is no harm in saying "bull breed mix"-- but like I said to say that dog is a Staffy bull simply because it LOOKs like one isn't right for the breed because of the awful issues we face with BSL. It could be a APBT/Boston cross but yet it's labeled wrong. I have a friend that has a Jack Russell/olde English bulldoge and that thing looks very much like a Staffy bull cross! But it is not. What if this dog bit someone? Without a doubt, it would be labeled a "pitbull"

True, but are we doing ourselves any favors by demanding that our dogs have special favors? ("There are no Pit Bulls in rescue"). By firmly demanding that the dog that looks pretty much like your dogs, Coach, is NOT a Pit Bull? (How stupid does that make us look? Like we don't know squat about dogs is what it makes us look like!)

If some shelter had a dog that looked just like Pyra I'd assume "bull breed mix" --what is wrong with calling these unknown dogs what they are --bull breeds? Because there are so many that make up the term like I already said and BCdogs talked about. Actually people don't even think Pyra is full "pit" half the time because they think fat short dogs are "pits"

Again, people are people. They want a certain look. They want a certain behavior. Rescues HAVE to limit themselves (good ones anyway). I see nothing wrong with discriminating and becoming a rescue well-known for good representatives of a specific breed.
You feel that you can tell what breed a bull breed dog is my looking at it? I'd love to play a game with you then since you can tell.

"It's a nokalokapoopalotadoocanidragaleashalupus. It's a breed of mixed, strained money extorted
practically useless spin off of a once noble breed." --William Williamson

Last edited by ::::COACH::::; 08-02-2014 at 01:43 AM.
::::COACH:::: is offline   Reply With Quote