Pitbulls : Go Pitbull Dog Forums - View Single Post - Rescues, shelters and "breeds"
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2014, 01:39 AM   #12 (permalink)
BCdogs

BCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninja
BCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninja
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carla Restivo View Post
Man, it just seem you're all mighty worried about what others think and instead of being steady and dealing with truths, you are going to hide behind "mutts" and "there are no Pit Bulls in rescue".

I honestly don't know. We rarely get pictures of the dogs involved or any registration history. I wish we did. IF we were ever to find out that none of the dogs were registered, but looked very very much like say, Coach's dogs, would you still say, "There is no problem with Pit Bulls"?

The problem is the someone that labels the dog incorrectly.

So, let's get the truth out there; and not hide behind "mutt". That just teaches them more vagueness!
We're not hiding behind anything. I just don't consider every shelter dog with a big head a Pit Bull. I'd say there are tons of BULLY-type dogs in rescue and very little true Pit Bulls.

In regards to your hypothetical question, none would be true Pit Bulls. I would still consider them dogs of unknown lineage which, again, brings a much higher chance of having an unpredictable adult temperament.

That's exactly what we're saying....

I still say it's better to refer to them as a mutt than a Pit Bull. The term Pit Bull has become as vague as it gets nowadays anyway, so the only difference is it doesn't pin every aggression issue on a specific breed.
BCdogs is offline   Reply With Quote