Pitbulls : Go Pitbull Dog Forums - View Single Post - Jumping problems
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2009, 01:14 PM   #8 (permalink)
william williamson
Silver VIP Member

william williamson reputation ninjawilliam williamson reputation ninjawilliam williamson reputation ninjawilliam williamson reputation ninjawilliam williamson reputation ninjawilliam williamson reputation ninjawilliam williamson reputation ninjawilliam williamson reputation ninjawilliam williamson reputation ninjawilliam williamson reputation ninjawilliam williamson reputation ninjawilliam williamson reputation ninjawilliam williamson reputation ninjawilliam williamson reputation ninjawilliam williamson reputation ninja
william williamson reputation ninjawilliam williamson reputation ninjawilliam williamson reputation ninjawilliam williamson reputation ninjawilliam williamson reputation ninjawilliam williamson reputation ninjawilliam williamson reputation ninjawilliam williamson reputation ninjawilliam williamson reputation ninjawilliam williamson reputation ninjawilliam williamson reputation ninjawilliam williamson reputation ninjawilliam williamson reputation ninjawilliam williamson reputation ninjawilliam williamson reputation ninja
collar the dog.then get an inexpensive leash.cut it to wher it drags the ground somewhat long enough that you can stop the dogs lunges.it'll drag the ground and not really hinder the dog enough to be A problem.just step on it when he approaches you.get him to sit,then just give him the good dog command.then turn walk A short distance and do it again.don't imbed it and do it over and over as A training excercise.do it once or twice then go about your business.then do it when you are again approached.make it A casual routine. and don't use more than appreciation as the reward.you don't want it to figure out that it's being taught something.
it is apparent the dog has been abused and just so badly wants attention and to please someone.these make the best,bar none dogs you'll get.
once you get around this hurdle it will excell beyond imagination.
I've seen this to many times and always with good results.
by doing it with the cut leash you don't really get into the punishment phase of the teach.this want and desire is so deeply ingrained that the dog will foul from to much redirecting.with the cut leash it won't really recognize the measure as training or discipline.it is A third source. third source is A method seldom used or hardly heard of.
I learned this and other things from an old veit-nam war dog trainer.
he was good, folks asked him at one point to write his techniques into A book he said "I don't write books I teach dogs to teach their handlers.you write the book".
this has always wotked for me and folks/dogs I've bothered with.

Last edited by william williamson; 05-03-2009 at 01:20 PM. Reason: misse A point.
william williamson is offline   Reply With Quote