Go Pitbull Forums banner

What do you think?

1K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  DickyT 
#1 ·
A friend of mine gave us a puppy for Christmas.
She said the guy she got her from said the parents are pitbulls and have gottie line in them. I don't care one way or the other she is just a pet for us but the father looks like he may be a pit mix to me. According to the guy she got her from I guess this would be a American bully pit mix. Kinda looks to me like there mite be something else in there besides bully and pit.
I know there is no way to be sure I just wanted to see if you guys thought he mite have something else in him? The father and mother both weighed about 50 lbs
Father

Father and mother

My puppy Aspen

See less See more
#2 ·
Awwww adorable puppy!!! :) yeah the dad does have a very thick tail and it's almost bushy but who knows really...very difficult to say. I think the dad is a handsome dog regardless. :)

#5 ·
Cute pup! I'm a sucker for black and white dogs :) without a pedigree you'll never know for sure what could be in the mix

#6 ·
Wow my first impression wasn't of the breed but more of why the heck do they have such huge chains on them and padlocks. No way of knowing breed but cute puppy, please don't put such huge chains and padlocks on your pup as it grows. It just adds to the stigma "pits" are dangerous. Yours looks like mine, seal and white :)

#8 ·
Why should someone sacrifice proper containment to appease those who think Pit Bulls looks dangerous? Sounds like a personal problem on their end. I think it's ridiculous when people say we should change the gear we use on our dogs (spike collars, studded collars, chains, etc.) just because someone else doesn't like the way it looks.

#7 ·
A proper chain spot is a very responsible way of containment for a dog.. I don't put padlocks on them but there is nothing wrong with a chain

Reactions: hashbrown
#9 ·
Those are not big chains. It actually looks like a decent chain. The problem I see is there is no swivel or proper Clip or O ring....

#11 ·
Guys and gals... The photos of the sire and dam are just that, they are not Grizz's pup, or on his yard.

While I do agree the chains are of good size, I agree with Nadia on the lack of swivels and proper clips. The "breeder" could stand to learn a thing or too.

I think Grizz is on the right track though, wanting the pup as a house dog :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.