Pitbulls : Go Pitbull Dog Forums - View Single Post - Dragging chains?
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2015, 08:39 PM   #4 (permalink)
BCdogs

BCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninja
BCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninjaBCdogs reputation ninja
I started with about 20 minutes. There is a nice loop trail behind my house that's about 45 minutes, but there's a way to cut through the middle to half the time, so we did that. I built it up fairly quickly as my boy was already pretty fit, but it will depend entirely on your dog. Now we do 45 mins to an hour every morning. I could add more weight or time if I wanted to without issue but this is fine for us cause we do other exercise in the afternoon.

How old is your dog? How much exercise does he currently get? I would start him out with dragging something light like an empty milk jug just to get used to the feel of the harness and the feel/sound of something "following" him, then you should be able to add weight pretty quickly depending on his eagerness. My boy is a go, go go kind of dog so he took right to it.
BCdogs is offline   Reply With Quote