Pitbulls : Go Pitbull Dog Forums - View Single Post - My Dog Bit a neighbor's child.
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2015, 11:32 PM   #23 (permalink)
dakar

dakar reputation ninjadakar reputation ninjadakar reputation ninjadakar reputation ninjadakar reputation ninjadakar reputation ninjadakar reputation ninjadakar reputation ninjadakar reputation ninjadakar reputation ninjadakar reputation ninjadakar reputation ninjadakar reputation ninjadakar reputation ninjadakar reputation ninja
dakar reputation ninjadakar reputation ninjadakar reputation ninjadakar reputation ninjadakar reputation ninjadakar reputation ninjadakar reputation ninjadakar reputation ninjadakar reputation ninjadakar reputation ninjadakar reputation ninjadakar reputation ninjadakar reputation ninjadakar reputation ninjadakar reputation ninja
To be or not to be. Shakespeare or not, GSD or NOT, Cow or Dog. Any animal who attack a human being without a reason, specially a child, must be sacrificed.

We can discuss the angels gender during weeks, but the bottom line is.: if my dog attack a child, I will pull my gun and shoot on him, 21 coppers FMJ.

Just like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesS View Post
That is why pitbull's eclipse all other breeds in human mauling cases, causing grievious bodily harm? Or Deaths?
The ratio between GSD's (My choice of dogs) and Pitbulls, is 10 - 1, in such cases, if not more. The GSD is also not the 'most innocent'. So makes you think.
The reasons why? Many.. Breeding for Gameness, again agression is agression. Dog on dog agression, Dog on Cat agression, Dog on Bull agresssion? Dog on Bear agression? Pits were used for all these things. The idea that human agression is completely bred out is speculative at best. Even badly managed GSD's can be agressive to strangers, inspite of being bred against it. The point is a pit is more likely to show such agression. A pit is more likely to cause more serious damage, with its bite and hold style. The pitt is a mauler, no way around that.

The other problem, is there is hardly a coherent Pit breeding standard. Historically they had to be fighting dogs. An inhumane trait. Banned, and rightfully so. AKC has no breed standard. UKC sort of has one. Many countries around the world dont have. Many nations have the pitbull banned. So it creates backyard breeders, who have no clue in what they are doing.

So how can the pit possibly be standardised? Some people call the Pitbull as clump of dogs, instead of rightfully using the name to refer to the Am Pitbull (Only called american because it was first registered there, not because it originated there.).

So between speculative standardisation, breed standards. Confused breeders, with oversived pits, with strange mixes calling them pits. Its a complete mess.
Ill bet you would have a hard time exactly defining what an Am Pit really is. People from all over will disagree. So their is also the issue of breeding weaker nerved dogs.

The apathy of the 'more educated pitbull owners', the guys who respect the power and history of the breed, is like the olden days is to shoot, or euthanise by needle the dog. So that their image is not tarnished, in their self taught lies.

The facts are the facts, at the end of the day you can not argue with acturial evidence. Blatant statistics. When statistics are concerned the temperment is less important as everything else.

Sure their is the issue that a 'fighting dog' with never say die, and gameness, will always atract thug owners. Thats part in parcel of the problem. But like I said. Its not just sketchy breeding and genetics. Its who the dog attracts into ownership. I can perfectly see how one would be attracted to the power of the pit. The genetic variability, which often makes them healthier dogs, stronger dogs. The admiration for the perfect specimen. But people seem more concerned with bastardising it, and bluring the lines between pitts and bully breeds.

Its a mess. So to act like their is no predisposition to human agression, is a blatant lie. And holds no water. People need to realise that a dog that was bred to be agressive towards anything. A dog that was bred, to hold and fight until death. A dog that was bred for gameness will always be powerfull. It was always be volatile.

Now a pitbull is no lion. It can be managed. But it needs more educated owners. It needs owners that can control their dogs. It need's owners that put time into training their dogs. It needs owners who manage their dogs correctly.

I came here to have a look into the pitbull world. I always admired the breed, although it was never my cup of tea. Yet I find this forum, litered with serious attacks, to dogs and humans. I mean this post immidiately popped up. Spending time on other forums. And GSD focused forums, you dont often see these types of posts.. Why do you think that is?
dakar is offline   Reply With Quote