Pitbulls : Go Pitbull Dog Forums - View Single Post - michigan agility???
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2009, 12:38 AM   #6 (permalink)
performanceknls

5x Dog of the Month
performanceknls reputation ninjaperformanceknls reputation ninjaperformanceknls reputation ninjaperformanceknls reputation ninjaperformanceknls reputation ninjaperformanceknls reputation ninjaperformanceknls reputation ninjaperformanceknls reputation ninjaperformanceknls reputation ninjaperformanceknls reputation ninjaperformanceknls reputation ninjaperformanceknls reputation ninjaperformanceknls reputation ninjaperformanceknls reputation ninjaperformanceknls reputation ninja
performanceknls reputation ninjaperformanceknls reputation ninjaperformanceknls reputation ninjaperformanceknls reputation ninjaperformanceknls reputation ninjaperformanceknls reputation ninjaperformanceknls reputation ninjaperformanceknls reputation ninjaperformanceknls reputation ninjaperformanceknls reputation ninjaperformanceknls reputation ninjaperformanceknls reputation ninjaperformanceknls reputation ninjaperformanceknls reputation ninjaperformanceknls reputation ninja
I am sorry I didn't post this link for you. This is the link to the MI agility club that hold trials. I think they can recommend some great trainers in your area.
Welcome To The Up 'N Over Agility Club of Southeast Michigan

That one trainer that Howard mentioned is from Sportsmen I think and yes a UDX is a title to be very proud of, it takes a ton of hard work. But I just came from an AKC trial that our club was putting on and really the competition with the exception of a few was pathetic. Not to say this trainer is not more than qualified but I would look for someone with more diversity. If I am going to give a recommendation for a trainer I would want to make sure I am giving you the best info I can. I want to see more APBT's do agility ( I need some good competition ) and I would want you to learn from the best in your area. A student is only as good as their teacher and since you cannot compete in AKC (unless you call your dog a mixed breed but there are plenty of venues for a APBT) I feel you would do better with a trainer that has more experience on other venues. Each venue is totally different and if you only trail in AKC style courses you might have a hard time in another venue. So yes Sportsmen might be a great place to have fun with your dog but I would look at this other agility club and see if you can find somewhere with multiple trainers with multiple titles in different venues. You have a young dog so you have plenty of time to find what you are looking for, what ever you decide. You should also go check out the local agility events that can be found on the link I just posted.
Good luck!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitbullmamanatl View Post
I am a bitch who is never too busy to enjoy the misery of someone else,
performanceknls is offline   Reply With Quote