Go Pitbull Forums banner

Color question- new pit pup

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  BabyKeno 
#1 · (Edited)
We just got a new puppy- a 4 week old little boy. The mother got weird with them- hence why the puppies were separated. I was just wondering what color you guys think he is. He looks like a blue nose/ blue fawn to me but his nose is kind of redish... :confused: He unfortunately had parvo, so he's at the vet for treatment but doing very very well.

See less See more
#2 ·
What do you mean by the mother got weird with them? If you mean she stopped feeding them and started getting a little nippy, that is a normal process called weaning. This puppy should be with its mom and littermates, he's far too young to be separated yet. :(

As for colour, my guess is he will turn out champagne. (Dilute liver)

#3 ·
Oh, trust me I know. I tried reasoning with the seller to keep them for a few more weeks but he said he had buyers... I was reluctant to get one but I was terrified of the outcome of some idiot buying such young puppy (I've worked with orphaned puppies before). Turns out I was right to buy him, all the puppies were gone 3 days later. He had worms and parvo, and most certainly would be dead if I hadn't got him. He is responding to treatment miraculously well and can come home tomorrow. I really doubt either the seller or a different buyer would have brought him to the vet in time, or if at all. I got him in chicago and know all too well how situations like these end. Way too many BYB... It was expensive to save him, but it was something I absolutely do not regret doing :( I think about the other puppies everyday and I'm really upset I couldn't save them all

#5 ·
The third picture doesn't correctly show his color- he's a pretty dark grey color- the seller listed him as a blue fawn, which looks pretty accurate except for the reddish gray nose... Can the puppies develop a more blue/grey nose as they age? Both parents were blue nose and were both a very very dark blue

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.