Pitbulls : Go Pitbull Dog Forums - View Single Post - What do you walk your dog with? Collar/Harness/Choke/Prong
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2016, 02:10 AM   #9 (permalink)
Lokipup

Lokipup reputation ninjaLokipup reputation ninjaLokipup reputation ninjaLokipup reputation ninjaLokipup reputation ninjaLokipup reputation ninjaLokipup reputation ninjaLokipup reputation ninjaLokipup reputation ninjaLokipup reputation ninjaLokipup reputation ninjaLokipup reputation ninjaLokipup reputation ninjaLokipup reputation ninjaLokipup reputation ninja
Lokipup reputation ninjaLokipup reputation ninjaLokipup reputation ninjaLokipup reputation ninjaLokipup reputation ninjaLokipup reputation ninjaLokipup reputation ninjaLokipup reputation ninjaLokipup reputation ninjaLokipup reputation ninjaLokipup reputation ninjaLokipup reputation ninjaLokipup reputation ninjaLokipup reputation ninjaLokipup reputation ninja
Thanks for a response! Mine does nothing but sniff the ground- takes me an hour to walk around the block, he just sniffs and sniffs. Glad it is working out for you! With seeing another dog, Loki used to whine and pull to play, but every time a dog would go by I would have him sit down, distract him, and give him a treat. I don't know if he grew out of it, or this method worked, but he is way less reactive now and most of the time ignores another dog. The neighbor was walking a lab across the street and the lab was howling and rearing on it's hind legs. Loki just stopped, looked, and kept on going. Same if people are walking close by with dogs- he just sniffs, then moves on. I'd try the sit/treat method. Makes my life so much easier. He however now has a habit of jumping on people (not jumping, but standing up on hind legs for attention and trying to paw). He is a total sweetheart, but the habit is unacceptable.
Lokipup is offline   Reply With Quote