Go Pitbull Forums banner

Skin Allergies

1K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  EckoMac 
#1 ·
My 10 yr old dutchess has allergies. Getting worse with age. I am changing her diet now to grain free Rachael ray. Bit if I leave a collar on her, hair falls out, she gets flakes/scales all over, loses her hair and it will grow back. She itches constantly. Any advice. Vets are extremely expensive. I want to try to eliminate before I spend the 1,000s on blood work, skinscraping, etc. And any suggestions on what otc itch relief is good?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

See less See more
#4 ·
If you don't see some improvement after a month of being on the new food then use the search function and check out some of the other posts I've responded on. I've been dealing with it for almost a decade at this point and have posted some of the things I've tried as others have asked.

PS don't forget to transition the food slowly so your dog doesn't get cannon butt.

#8 ·
Treat for fleas, if it goes away then it was fleas. If it doesn't, try changing diet to grain and chicken free. If it goes away then it was food. If it doesn't go away then it's environmental. At that point you work on an immune system building plan of supplements.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.