Pitbulls : Go Pitbull Dog Forums - View Single Post - Skin Allergies
Thread: Skin Allergies
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2018, 02:35 AM   #6 (permalink)
rmjanis2014

rmjanis2014 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by EckoMac View Post
Changing the diet is always the first step. Fish as the protein and grain free will be a good start. Do the transition slowly. Give it a month. Add fish oil and coconut oil as well.
Thank you. I have already seen a drastic improvement. I have been feeding her 2 meals a day measured out and serve her cooked salmon and grain free organic salmon kibble. I stopped using all the harsh chemicals the vet gave us and started using green tea oil (it helps with flaking, itch and fungus and you can find it at any grocherie store in the hair department for people with course hair). It has cocunut oil, sunflower and green tea oils in it. She lost all the hair on her right ear. it was covered in large flakes, placed, etc. I massaged the oil in all over her body 3 days ago and kept an eye out for any bad reactions, but to my suprise it completely helped her (knock on wood).
I also found a site that allows me to save some money by mailing out her hair and testing her for 300 of most common allergies for 140.00. I'm just praying it will not come back that she has allergies to half or something crazier.

It has been hard not feeding her while I cook dinner. I have been youtubing making your own dog food and did add just the crown of fresh broccoli in her salmon and she loved it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
rmjanis2014 is offline   Reply With Quote