Pitbulls : Go Pitbull Dog Forums - View Single Post - What's the real apbt history?
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2009, 03:54 AM   #1 (permalink)
tonios
Silver VIP Member

tonios reputation ninjatonios reputation ninjatonios reputation ninjatonios reputation ninjatonios reputation ninja
tonios reputation ninjatonios reputation ninjatonios reputation ninjatonios reputation ninjatonios reputation ninjatonios reputation ninjatonios reputation ninjatonios reputation ninjatonios reputation ninjatonios reputation ninjatonios reputation ninjatonios reputation ninja
What's the real apbt history?

I've own an APBT and years later an American bulldog now my question is this: the history on both these dogs are the same exact writing and story telling. Old pictures and painting of the old English bulldogs look more like the APBT ...so what did the English immigrants bring with them to America, and which breed help make the other?? did they breed the APBT bigger to make the American bulldogs, I read that the American bulldog were once also called the American pit bulldog too. I also read that back in England the Blue Paul terrier (now extinct) was crossed with the staffordshire bull terrier that where the blue color came from. The Staffordhire terrier was the Old English bulldog too breed smaller by the coal miners. To add the confusion also there was another terrier breed crossed to make the English bull terrier but the dog fighter didn't use them because they didn't perform well in the pit. So is the APBT the real bulldog?

Last edited by tonios; 07-24-2009 at 09:46 PM. Reason: misspelling due lack of sleep
tonios is offline   Reply With Quote