Go Pitbull Forums banner

is it ok??

2K views 20 replies 8 participants last post by  Sadie's Dad 
#1 ·
i was wondering is it ok to let my dog sleep with me sumtimes??

#3 ·
not an issue. If you dog displays dominate behavior and your having issues with dominance then no. But sleeping with a dog who is not trying to dominate you is just fine. We have a few that share our bed and we rotate who gets a turn.

#4 ·
we only have Sadie and she is a bed hog. Nothin like a dog stretching in the middle of the night and almost pushing you out of bed. LOL

#6 ·
Chino naps with me during the day, or when I'm chillin on the couch. He pretty much can lay anywhere, because he knows who the **** the boss is around the house. So I have no issues. I don't let him sleep in the bed overnight, but he does get TV privelidges. I think the only time my dog would maul you is if you told him he couldn't sleep in his crate anymore..... LOL

#8 ·
Sadie puts herself to bed she lays right in the middle of the bed. And I have to kick her out when I get to bed. Then she just goes and lays on the couch for the rest of the night LOL till mornin when she comes in at 7:30 and lays between my wife and I to let us know it's time for breakfast LOL

#9 ·
Indigo doesn't have dominance issues with me, but she has been spoiled since day 3 with me. I thought it wouldn't hurt to let her sleep with me for JUST one night... now I have a 55 pound bully kicking me in the stomach when she has her dreams everynight.

Reactions: StaffyDaddy
#12 ·
My favorite is winter time. When it gets really could depending on the temperature it could be a 3 or 4 dogs night! lol they are better than an electric blanket! now my husband and I with 4 dogs barley fit on the king bed! lol

#14 ·
THats great... a 3 or 4 dog night funny. Kinda like horse power LOL

#19 ·
Damn that has to be one big sleeping bag.

#20 ·
Kallie sleeps at the bottom of the bed when we let them sleep with us on our days off (work days we need our sleep! haha) Indi likes to have a pillow for her head so sometimes i'll roll over and be face to face with a dog sharing my pillow!!

#21 ·
This is what happens if I don't get to bed when my wife does.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.