Pitbulls : Go Pitbull Dog Forums - View Single Post - What's the real apbt history?
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2009, 05:29 PM   #5 (permalink)
tonios
Silver VIP Member

tonios reputation ninjatonios reputation ninjatonios reputation ninjatonios reputation ninjatonios reputation ninja
tonios reputation ninjatonios reputation ninjatonios reputation ninjatonios reputation ninjatonios reputation ninjatonios reputation ninjatonios reputation ninjatonios reputation ninjatonios reputation ninjatonios reputation ninjatonios reputation ninjatonios reputation ninja
Question

Yeah, one of the first things I read when doing my research. But still a little confused The History of both breed (APBT and AMERICAN bulldog)...I know that the AST & APBT were the same beed 70 or 80 years ago but for the sake of simplicity the APBT will mean both here.

Argument and theory and claims:

Historians of the American Bulldogs believe this dog to be the Original bulldogs of England, what was known back then as Old English Bulldog.??

If that was true, then:

APBT then would be an American Bulldog with Terrier cross 100s of year ago??

But!!!
Pictures claimed to be of those early Bulldogs look more like the APBT of today??

because of those old Pictures and painting of the old English bulldog I believe that what we call APBT today were those dogs.
So it would seem to me that the American Bulldog borrowed the history of origin from the APBT for whatever reason...is that a common thing inventing or stealing a history of certain dog??

This is very confusing trying figure out which came 1st. But I believe that the American bulldog is here today because of the APBTs...if there was no AST/APBT then there would be no AMERICAN Bulldog.

Last edited by tonios; 08-08-2009 at 10:02 PM.
tonios is offline   Reply With Quote