Go Pitbull Forums banner

Dog toys for the dog that eats everything?

Tags
dog eats toys
2K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  Indigo Bully Connection 
#1 ·
I have a 2.5 year old American Staff Terrier named Pete. I've had him for a year and a half now and every time I buy him a new toy to play with, he eats it within a day or two. He doesn't just tear it up, he ingests it. The only thing he hasn't been able to eat are his kongs. He's eaten everything from a rope and a dog tire to a toilet plunger and most of my Rubik's cube. I've taken him to the vet and monitored him when he eats things. The vet says there is nothing wrong with him and he is very healthy. He also has never appeared to be hurt by eating anything.

I bought him a football and a basket ball too. He ate the football (once he ripped it open). The basket ball seems to be doing fine, but he's not that interested in playing with it by himself. I love to play with him, but I need something for him to play with while I'm at work. He's very energetic.

I was wondering if anyone else has this problem? Does anyone know of any pitbull resistant toys?

-Tara

#3 ·
try a real tire... it should last a little longer... if you feel like going for extra credit with your dog, make a spring pole.

#7 ·
Lawn mower tires don't have the metal. Hold on I'll find you a DIY for a spring pole.

#8 ·
#9 ·
kongs dont last too long if you have powerful chewer. nismo was tearing apart the heavy duty kongs at 6 months old. NYLABONE FTW.
spring pole is must also ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.